Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Any Feedback on the Fiesta Americana in PV?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 12:57 PM
Annie

My friend and I would love to read any thoughts or reviews on the Fiesta Americana in Puerto Vallarta. We will be there in December and hope we chose a good location. But, we want to hear the good and the bad before we arrive. Thanks for the input. <BR> <BR>Sincerely, <BR> <BR>Annie

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 08:32 PM
xxx

Annie: If you do a search, (keywords Fiesta Americana) there are several discussions on this PV hotel within the last few months. We've stayed there several times .. will be happy to fill in any details that haven't been covered.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 01:00 PM
wendy

This was my favoutrite hotel in Puerto Vallarta. It definately felt like a 5 star. The rooms are nice and have a small balcony with an ocean view. Everyone was very friendly. The beach is beautiful and the pool has a swim up bar (loved that). This is definately a wonderful place. I only ate breakfast/lunch there. The town has some great restaurants, really pretty too. The hotel is not the best for evening activities; it's pretty quiet, but the town is a short cab ride away (or bus) and there are lots of places to hang out. The only negative comment I can come up with was that we were not allowed to bring food or drinks into our room from the local grocery store. We ended up putting what we wanted (beer and bananas) into a back pack and sneaking it into our room. Other than this minor issue, this is a fabulous hotel!!! Good choice.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 05:04 PM
Karen

I, too,was wondering about the Fiesta Americana in PV.I read this board fairly often for tips. Thanks Wendy for your information. It really helped! I can hardly wait to go to PV!!

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 02:21 PM
linda macdonald

My hub and I stayed at the all-incl Qualton resort next door to the pay-as-you-go F.A. Both are in a GREAT location...I took the bus downtown 2 or 3 times a day (30cents a ride, always got a seat, a bus went by every 5 mins or LESS). However, F.A. has a gorgeous pool & deck, and generally ritzier feel. <BR>Downside is that no all-day "free" booze at F.A.(so nice to have poolside!), but that's the trade-off. <BR>By the way, make sure you go to Pipi's restaurant...was our fave on the trip. <BR>

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 05:47 PM
Karen

Linda - the Fiesta Americana now has the all inclusive option. I believe this is the first year. I heard that before they had meal plans you could buy. But we lucked out! We got the F.A.- all inclusive for the same price as the Qualton - all inclusive. At first we were tempted to stay at the Qualton. We heard such good thing about it. But when the prices came out this fall, we couldn't help but choose the F.A.! I heard the F.A. has a much larger pool area than the Qualton, and the many beautiful palm trees that surround the <BR>beach and pool, is a bonus. We know of people who stayed at the Qualton who rave about the food! So we are hoping the food will be just as good, too. Thanks for your help!

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 03:34 AM
linda

Karen: Wow..If you got the F.A. for the same price as the Qualton, then you got a great deal! I wouldn't say that the food at the Qualton was 'great'...you know how it is with buffets...the tables look great then you end up leaving lots on your plate! However, there is no comparison between the F.A. pool and Qualton pool....F.A.'s much much better. Have a great trip!