Search

Antigua travel agent

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antigua travel agent

I am visiting Guatemala in April and looking for details of a good travel agent to help with flights to/from Flores to visit the Tikal ruins, and arrange airport transfers to/from Guatemala City & Antigua, plus some day tours from Antigua. Cheers!
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 04:10 PM

Try www.guatemalareservations.com - Nancy Hoffman. They are out of Antigua. I will be in Guatemala for Holy Week and Nancy arranged for a hotel in Antigua (hard to get as everyone wanted a 7-day minimum) and a private tour while in Tikal.
You can actually buy your own air tickets on the web at www.taca.com (2 flights per day and flies out of main terminal) or www.tikaljets.com (1 flight per day but leaves out of another terminal); same price for both. If you are going for the one day only there are lots of folks meeting the flights that you can contract for the Tikal day tour that includes lunch.
Taxi transfers to/from Antigua are $10 per person. Taxis are on the far part of the driveway as you leave the terminal in the lower roadway. Nancy can also arrnage for a private transfer to Antigua if desired.
Are you also going to the Highlands - Atitlán & Chichicastenango?
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 08:39 PM

A great operator in Antigua is Via Venture - one of the owner is a British girl - Becky and they do a super job of looking after their clients - individuals or small groups...
www.viaventure.com is their web address where you can get their emails and phone numbers... They have a wide variety of tours on offer...

Cheers,
Andrew
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Original Poster

Hi afa001,

Thanks for the recomm - I will check it out.

We will be staying in Antigua for 2 nights and looking to go to Atitlan & either Solola (Fri mkt) or Chichi (Sun mkt). I've read on previous posts that you can hire a driver and do both in the one day from Antigua.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 06:47 PM

Re travel to the Highlands; yes, you can join a 1-day tour or hire a car & driver. Check with Nancy - she can arrange.