Another Honeymoon Question

Dec 22nd, 2004, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Another Honeymoon Question

Well after looking on the internet I found Lapa Rios. Then I found this sight. So someone give me the straight scope. For a honeymoon should we go to Lapa Rios or Bosque del Cabo?

I would like to be close to the beach eat good food, have privacy and enjoy the the beauty and wildlife.

We will be in Costa Rica in July (23rd - 28th)
Dec 23rd, 2004, 07:19 AM

I honeymooned in CR- loved it. Lapa Rios and Bosque de Cabo are both excellent choices but travelers on this board seem to slighty favor Bosque. I had a drink at Lapa Rios on our last trip and loved the view and the complex but was perfectly happy to return to my cheaper digs in Puerta Jimenez.
These two hotels would be your best choices for honeymoon luxury on the Osa. Both places are a hike from the beach but the views make up for it.
We stayed 6 nights at Hotel Punta Islita in the provice of Guanacaste-loved it. Great food, nice rooms, small and personal with nice beaches but not as good wildlife viewing as the Osa but a favorite choice for honeymooners

Dec 23rd, 2004, 11:07 AM

What i really should have suggested is a thread search on this topic- there are many helpful postings
Dec 30th, 2004, 09:40 AM

My wife and i spent 5 amazing days at Lapa Rios last april.
The lodge offered for us the best of both worlds.
Our bungalow was down a ridge from the main building. The bungalow itslef was great. Spacoius breezy, privacy and amazing views. We would overlook the rainforest below to the sea and have breathtaking views of the gulf deuce (so about the spelling) with Panama in the far distance. We would watch macaws fly above the canpy of the rainforest from the bungalow, along with mini toucans, hummingbirds, hawks and a couple of variety of parrots.
Nature is all over the lodge. Just be relaxing on the private deck of the bungalow or by the pool you would see many different animals.
The view from the pool was spectacular.
From my wifes vantage point she loved the massage at the spa (its in 1 bungalow) and we both loved the food. (they make an amazing banana pancakes.)
The beach is about a 5-7 minute walk down the road (the hotel offers shuttle service)
It is a top notch eco resort.

Search this Thread