Ambergris Caye/San Pedro

Feb 2nd, 2001, 01:44 PM
Jan Smith

Ambergris Caye/San Pedro

I'll be traveling with my family to Belize in March, staying with a relative in Corozal. We would like to take an overnight trip to dive/snorkel at the Cayes. Could someone suggest a place to stay that would accomodate my family of four, including our 8 and 10 year olds, and a mother-in-law? Also, is San Pedro a town in Ambergris Caye? Advice about the proximity of San Pedro to the great snorkling, or recommendations about where to stay (somewhere other than San Pedro)is appreciated.

Feb 3rd, 2001, 06:16 AM
Iza

Check out the forums at www.belizenet.com and www.ambergriscaye.com. These sites also have lots of info on lodging and links to various hotels on Ambergris Caye and in other parts of Belize. Good luck.

Feb 7th, 2001, 04:56 PM
ken

the Victoria House on ambergris caye is just the nicest palce.good restaurant, fresh fish. quiet, not a lot of action, but lovely, good management.there was a recent article about ambergris caye in N.Y.Times travel section...do web search for Victoria House. bon voyage.

Feb 7th, 2001, 05:15 PM
Sue

We stayed at the Palms and really enjoyed it. While it is right in San Pedro, we enjoyed being within walking distance of town--my daughters (in their 20s) enjoyed the shops and resturants and right next door at Ramon's there is a long pier with steps at the end so they could go snorkeling. Not great snorkeling but lots of youngsters seemed to be enjoying it.

Feb 8th, 2001, 07:21 AM
Katie Valk

You can now fly direct from Corozal to San pedro for 65.00pp return. If you'd prefer a one bdrm condo, check Bananas at 125.00 per night, it's a very good deal.

Katie Valk
Belize