Cancun to Chichen Itza

Old Oct 25th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancun to Chichen Itza

We'd like to go to Chichen Itza while we are in Cancun. We have been there before and are not interested in a large tour group.

Does anyone have suggestions regarding a private driver, a taxi, small tour group, or renting a car? Money and ease of travel are our main factors.
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 10:29 AM

I would rent a car for the day. It is much better than going on a tour bus because you have the freedom of doing it at your own pace. Also you can can stop at other places.
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 12:37 PM

How many are traveling with you? We were traveling with a toddler and three adults and took a private tour given buy a private driver. It was well worth it. He took us to small villages and shopping areas. He also offered to take us to WalMart at the end. He was very accomidating. We arranged for him to pick us up from our hotel at 6AM so we could beat the crowds at Chichen Itza. We got to the ruins at 9AM and left before all the buses and the heat arrived. If you are interested, I can give you his name. My entire family loved him! We requested him for the rest of the week for wherever we went.
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 01:04 PM

Hi xxxx,
We rented a car in Cancun (airport) and drove to Chichen Itza, spent the night at the Hacienda Chichen went to the light show at night and toured with Antonio the next day at the ruins. Hotel got him for us. We then drove back (stayed at Maroma). The road from Cancun is good (interstate but not like in US). We really enjoyed the Hacienda Chichen (food was very good) and our guide was excellent. Hacienda Chichen has a website. Antonio has email [email protected] and website www.geocities.com/abc-sightseeings
Happy travel!
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Original Poster

There are only 2 of us.

Travelacct--How much did it cost you? I love the idea of getting there early and being gone before the crowds arrive (last time, we WERE the crowds!)
We probably wouldn't even need an entire day as we aren't interested in shopping or an cenote stop.
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 03:27 PM

It cost us $350, which might be steep for just 2 people. We had three adults and a child. Our driver, Jorge, took us in a suburban. He had cold drinks in a cooler for us. It was a very comfortable ride and we did not feel like we were rushed. We really enjoyed the ruins this way. Going early really pays off!