Amazon River small boat tours

Old Mar 15th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon River small boat tours

Can anyone give us information about small boat trips on the Amazon? We have been solicited by International Expeditions and by OAT. Interested in finding out about the accomodations on the boats, the weather, and if there is an insect problem.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 06:05 AM

nancylee,
I have not been to the Amazon but I am looking into a trip there with OAT. I have gone to Costa Rica and Peru (Maxhu Pichu) with OAT and last year to Egypt with Grand Circle, which is affiliated with OAT. All trips were wonderful. Have you been to the OAT web site and viewed the itenary? Today I Googled one of the ships OAT uses, "La Esmeralda"http://www.amazoncruise.net/perujungleexpeditions. You will be able to get a little more detail about the boat there. I think the weather is a lot like Costa Rica, hot and humid. I hope this helps a little.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 02:13 PM

Why don't you contact any of the three big amazon cruise operators in Iquitos...check their websites:
www.explorama.com
www.amazontours.com
www.junglex.com
They offer small Amazon cruises and also expedition type cruises to Pacaya Samiria Reserve. If you wish something not so expensive you could also check with www.paseosamazonicos.com
Hope these will be useful to you.
Ron
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 04:52 AM

I am interested in going on the Amazon boat tour, also. I have been on two trips with OAT and have been very pleased with them, over all.

The insects are one of my concerns also.I can handle them most of the time, but I don't really want to wake up with them next to me. I think sleeping on a boat where the rooms have air conditioning,would help keep the insects out at night, at least.

If you go will you post a report? I would love to hear about it.
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 09:52 AM

Check out Iberostar Grand Amazon, new ship (2002) and price includes mixed drnks and wines as well as land tours from the boat. Also check Vantage Travel if you're U.S. -- they book the Iberostar tours.
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 07:11 AM

I am traveling through GAP Adventures on a small river boat cruise for 7 days on the Amazon from Iquitoes. The boat is only 3 storys tall and holds about 50 people. All the cabins are air conditioned. I will be travelling there this April. Has anybody done this trip?