Allegro Nuevo Vallarta???

Old Jun 4th, 2000, 11:26 AM
4pacs

Allegro Nuevo Vallarta???

Going to the Allegro Resort in Puerto Vallarta the end of June 2000. Has anyone been there? What is the water like? Heard it was not the greatest beach either??
Anyone go off in a jeep around the surrounding mountains??
Any info appreciated...

Old Jun 4th, 2000, 12:31 PM
Jill

Iasked the same question the day before you did. Someone responded they were going there the end of June and would let me kmow. I see you are going the same time. Would you let me know what you think as well? Thanks.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 07:20 AM
Rich

I was at the Allegro Nuevo Vallarta a little over a year ago. The resort is nice with great landscapes. The beach is large with alot to do. The water is dark green, not like the carribean. The food was a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. All in all it was a good resort for the price. Definitly rent a jeep and drive through town and into the mountains. They have the set from Peditor here with some great scenery.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 08:18 PM
holly pitt

Hi, we were in PVR last year August and we had a great time. We did not see Nuevo Vallarta, so I cant help you with info about the Allegro. However, I can recommend you to take a jeep-tour instead of renting a jeep. We booked a jeep-tour with Royale Tours and it was excellent, we went off road on little roads we could never even have found on our own. The guides had excellent information and we saw small villages; it was a lot of fun. I can highly recommend the jeep-tour !

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 02:07 PM
Connie

I was at the Allegro a couple of weeks ago. The beach and water are not that great. I did enjoy the resort. It is very well kept and the staff is excellent. The restaurant that they have there is excellent. However, you only get to dine there once during your stay.

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 06:23 PM
4pacs

Just got back from the Allegro Nuevo Vallarta. Was presently surprised how beautiful the bay was. The water was totally brown and the sand very dark but it was about 90 degrees in the water most every day. The reason the water is so dark is because the local rivers from the mountains run right into the ocean, causing the dark color. The water was clean, just dark!! The Nuevo area has the best beaches, the sand felt great and was clean. Para sailing was cheap and shopping very reasonable. Took a jeep into the hills!
Very good weather but very hot. Some days it rained in the evening. Would definately go back again!