Search

Allegro Jack Tar Village

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 07:01 PM
Judy

Allegro Jack Tar Village

Has anyone ever stayed at this hotel? Any feedback would be much appreciated as I am thinking of booking a trip there in Spring.

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 07:51 PM
mary

Which place ? In Puerto Vallarta ? There are several ones, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta and maybe even others I don't know about.

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 05:50 PM
Judy

Sorry about that Mary. I was talking about the Allegro Jack Tar Village Resort in Cancun.

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 06:55 PM

No problem, I don't know the one at Cancun though so I can t help you. Sorry.

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 07:28 PM
Elizabeth

We stayed at Jack Tar in March, and really liked it. It's an adults only hotel, so it's nice and quiet. One warning however - get a room as far away from the disco as you can. The first night we stayed there, our room was right next to the disco, and the music was so loud, it was like trying to sleep in the middle of a dance floor! We paid to upgrade to an oceanview room the next day - highly recommended. The hotel is beautiful and very clean, although I heard complaints from a few people that the air conditioning in their rooms wasn't working. (Ours wasn't working either, but we didn't care - we go south because we LIKE warm weather!) The food was terrific and they have "theme" parties every night, which were colourful and a lot of fun. The staff was terrific - friendly and very helpful. It's a little far from the "action", but it's easy enough to walk out to the road and catch a bus - they're cheap and they pass by every couple of minutes.