all-inclusives in Puerto Vallarta

Oct 28th, 1997, 01:00 PM
kevin fraser

all-inclusives in Puerto Vallarta

Any recommendations for all-inclusive resorts in Puerto Vallarta. I have been considering the Royal Decameron Costa Flamingos or the Club Marival. Thanks

Oct 28th, 1997, 10:24 PM
Patt

If you want a wonderful vacation in PVR at an all-inclusive try the Sierra Nueveo. It was a Raddison property with all oceanfront rooms. Couples and families can enjoy all the actvities like tennis, volleyball, chess, golf, non motorized water sports and good food and special entertainment. They have a great beach and pools. Watch out for the time share people, and you can enjoy a stress free vacation.
PS avoid the Qualton Club....not worth the $$$
enjoy....patt

Oct 29th, 1997, 07:03 AM
Joyce Row

We have stayed at the Qualton and really enjoyed it.
We found the service to be first rate and staff friendly. It is not an expansive resort - but location, location, location - it is close to downtown.

We met lots of repeat customers - so I guess Qualton must be doing something right.

Oct 30th, 1997, 05:27 AM
Richard

Patt, I enjoyed reading your comments on the Sierra Nuevo Vallarta all-inclusive hotel. We will be staying there for a week in November. It's our first visit to PV and we're really looking forward to it as we're had many good reports on it. Did you eat out in some of the restaurants in town, too, while you were there? We plan to eat out a couple of times
just for a change of pace. Any other tips to pass along?

Oct 30th, 1997, 09:10 AM
Dick

I am sure you will enjoy your stay in PV if the weather holds.

Nov 5th, 1997, 12:26 AM
winston

What's weather like in late Jan? Are the resorts you mentioned good for family? Talking about $$$, what's your estimate for a couple with a young kid for a week there? Do they have SCUBA or snorkeling sites nearby?
Thanks for the info.

Jul 17th, 1999, 12:22 PM
lynne

I stayed at the Qualton this February...I was a a bit disappointed. The hotel itself is lovely - rooms are nice. Not much room on the beach - and the pool is small and VERY crowed!! I would definetly return to PV but not to the Qualton. The staff were so-so...the bar was VERY busy and under-staffed, the food was very good some nights good others...varied...The activities staff were disappointing. The shows weren't bad.
P.V. was lots of fun and I would go back again some time.

Jul 19th, 1999, 08:03 AM
Parrot Mom

Hi-stayed at Nueva Vallarta a few years ago....the facility is beautiful and the beach is great for walking...lots of friendly vendors and shopping is pretty good on the beach. The food leaves much to be desired...first, avoid the buffets...especially at night--the Hamburger place is delightful for lunch as is the luncheon bufett.... There is a specialty dining spot you need reservations for and are allowed there twice I believe... We easily got around it--we "hung out" with other couples we met there and would make reservations on either their coupon or ours..food was far superior and it got to be a joke...four couples--we ate there quite often. We did eat in town a few nghts--there is an Italian spot on the Malecon whose name I have forgotten, but well worth the wait.. and also a sports bar in same area that we had great ribs in... We love PV.... except for the people pushing time sharing...but that's everywhere...

Jul 23rd, 1999, 03:43 AM
Rob

What about the Diamond/Allegro in Nuevo...we were there a few years ago and had a great time. Good value for the $. Staff great (esp. bartenders) and an interesting clientelle. Rob

Jul 23rd, 1999, 11:28 AM
joe

I have a question..how is the Inter-Continental? We are going theri for a honeymoon in August and would like some tips..Do you suggest anything?

Jan 16th, 2001, 11:42 AM
Cory

The Intercontinental is awesome. I stayed there last August and it was gorgeous. the food, service and accomidations are luxurious and the beach is breath taking. Its about 25 min away from downtown so it's not too crowded.
I would go back in a heartbeat.

Jan 24th, 2001, 02:36 PM
karina

We were thinking about the Presidente Inter-Continental for our honeymoon in July -- so it sounds pretty strongly recommended? How about the Camino Real? Has anyone been there?

Jan 24th, 2001, 09:37 PM
jj

Hola!
We just got back from 7 nights at the inter-continental Presidente (going through tequilla withdrawels already!)
We found it to be very beautiful, all rooms are ocean-view - but get one above the tree-line- the "skeeters" are vicious if you happen to like sleeping with the balcony door open! The food, service and drinks were awsome,however, they don't have any activites at all besides water volleyball and ping-pong and tennis every afternoon, and nightlife is non-existant. They also have some a kayak, boogie-boards and snorkel gear which is free to use, however the boat to take you out to snorkel is $20 per person. If you're looking for a very laid-back relaxing place, this is it. If you want more fun and activities, stay closer to town.