All Inclusive with teens in Playa del Carmen?

Oct 15th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Wanda

All Inclusive with teens in Playa del Carmen?

Any suggestions on a good all-inclusive in Playa del Carmen?

Oct 16th, 2002, 04:50 AM
Betty

A friend and I vacationed at the Bravo Club El Mandarin in March of 2002 and thoroughly enjoyed this resort. The food, rooms, staff, etc. were wonderful. Not overly active for teens although there is a disco and you are about 10 minutes outside of Playa if you want some nightlife to enjoy with your teens. You don't mention how old they are but I would hesitate in having too young teens venture out on their own. There is an activity staff at the resort who go out of their way to have all ages have a great time. This is a great resort and we are returning again this year since my youngest son is getting married there in early May. Wherever you choose a resort I am sure you will enjoy the Mayan Riviera.

Oct 16th, 2002, 06:41 AM
Sheena

The Barcelo Maya Beach resort is the best for teens. Go to this website for more:
www.unofficial-barcelo-maya.com

Oct 16th, 2002, 08:21 AM
Susan

To Betty @ ATT Canada....
Noticed your Canadian address! I am also in Canada and wondering if you cld. tell me the name of the Travel company that offers Bravo Club El Mandarin? Air Canada Vacations? Signature? Sunquest? Having trouble finding it.

Oct 17th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Betty

Susan, the travel company is Air Transat. I live in Ontario (Oshawa) and used Bel Air Travel. I am not sure if Air Transat operates from outside of Quebec and Ontario. Good luck and if you have any questions please E-mail me. I really liked this resort!

Oct 17th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Janice

Wanda, I have stayed at both the Bravo Club El Mandarin and the Barcelo Maya Beach Resort plus Club Viva Maya (in Playacar right next to Playa Del Carmen) and, although the Bravo Club was lovely, it wasn't my teenagers favorite resort. Their favorite was Barcelo Maya Beach and then Club Viva. The Barcelo has an awesome disco. It is a beach front restaurant that becomes the disco at 11 p.m. Picture palm trees waving, a cool ocean breeze, the pool with lights reflecting....a hit with the kids and adults alike...very romantic...yet no "hidden corners" for teens to get "lost" in. The beach is known as one of the best in the area...about 2 miles long and deep with white sand. The ocean there has great snorkeling and wonderful swimming with some of the best beach "toys" around....even those huge water trikes. The bay it sits in is gorgeous. The pools are right next to the beach and you can see either from the other. I have never been to a resort where there are twice as many lounge chairs as guests and you never have to play that annoying "save the chairs" game. The theatre is absolutely the best I've seen with great night shows...including a great Michael Jackson impersonator. Anyway, pick the Barcelo first or Club Viva Maya next (Playa Del Carmen is so handy). Leave the Bravo Club for the adults and your kids will apprecite it.

Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:39 PM
Lisa

What can you tell me about the Viva Maya?