All- Inclusive in Mexico?

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 06:32 AM
Shel

All- Inclusive in Mexico?

My husband and I are planning a trip for our 1 yr anniversary. Any suggestions on what you would consider a great all-inclusive in Mexico (Cancun, PDC, Maya Riv)? We are planning early to mid May - any thoughts on the weather this time of year?

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 02:12 PM
Mandy

Shel:<BR><BR>There are some great AI's in Cancun. The Omni probably has the best-rated one. Their food and service are impeccable. One of my favorites is Cancun Palace. They have excellent food as well. I like the grilled steaks, chicken and fish out by the pool. Great for lunch!<BR><BR>I have also stayed in PDC at the Gran Porto Real and used their AI. I found the food to be very very good and compared with the Omni and Cancun Palace. Also, it was a beautiful resort.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 02:44 PM
Elaine

We went to an all-inclusive in Huatulco. It was very inexpensivenice and inexpensive, but also very nice. (Some people we met from California who were staying at the same resort we stayed at (in Costa Rica) recommended it. That was a few years back, so you might want to check around. We've also stayed at two all-inclusives in Costa Rica and loved them. The people are sooo nice and it's soooo clean. eb

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 03:33 PM
julie

My husband and I stayed At the Riu Palace in PDC and LOVED IT!!!! We enjoyed the food. The selection was incredible. The service was friendly, grounds were spotless and the facilities were gorgeous. The Riu has 3 resorts in PDC, The Palace , Yucatan and Tequilla. Each is geared for different preferrences. The Palace was very quiet and calm, just to our liking. You will have access to all 3 resorts during your stay. <BR>I'm sure there are many great resorts in Mexico. Have fun!

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 03:41 PM
david

Royal Hideaway all the way

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 05:21 PM
Shel

Where is the Omni and how can I find out more about it? We are thinking of Cancun or Sun Palace - any thoughts? We want good food and drinks! DO these have good beaches? Also, how are the beaches at Gran Porto Real? I have heard PDC is nice, but the beaches are not as nice as Cancun? Thanks in advance...

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:21 AM
Mandy

Shel:<BR><BR>Go to Travelocity.com and select Cancun as your destination. They have a hotel review section and you can click on a particular hotel and see photos and read about the hotel as well as there are reviews from people who have stayed there recently. You'll find both the Omni and Cancun Palace on the list.<BR><BR>Both of those places have excellent beaches. Personally I think the Omni's is just a notch better than Cancun Palace's. Both have excellent food and drinks.<BR> <BR>The beaches in PDC are not as nice as the ones in Cancun in my opinion. They aren't as big and the water isn't as clear. They're very pretty though.<BR><BR>The beach at the Gran Porto Real is fairly rocky in some spots and is shared by many fishing boats tied up along the beach. If you want to stroll down the beach at the water line, you have to keep stepping over the mooring lines of the boats. <BR>