Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   All inclusive in Cancun/PDC (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/all-inclusive-in-cancun-pdc-187730/)

Rion Jan 21st, 2003 05:15 PM

All inclusive in Cancun/PDC

Want to take my wife for 1 yr anniversary and wondering if anyone has any recommendations for AI in Cancun or PDC? Any thoughts on the Palace Hotels (Sun,Cancun, Moon) and what is Omni? We are in our late 20's but need a relaxing vacation with some good food and drinks, and of course sun and beach!

Jennifer Jan 22nd, 2003 05:49 AM

Rion,<BR><BR>If you are looking for a romantic type destination, your best bet is PDC. The resorts are fabulous and the area is very lush and tropical. You really get a lot for your money here. The Palace resorts are all very nice. They have jacuzzi's in the rooms also. The Omni is in Cancun and while it is a nice resort, there are newer resorts within the past five years that might surpass this one now.

Candy Jan 23rd, 2003 07:06 AM

We stayed at the Omni in August and it was our second time there. It is a beautiful resort and even though there are some newer ones, it would be hard to beat the Omni for luxury AND service. Everything from the rooms to the lobby to the pool area and in between was immaculate. Beautiful marble and furniture. But the service surpassed the physical beauty I think. Both times we have come away feeling like we have had a royal vacation.

Rion Jan 23rd, 2003 07:33 AM

Thanks for the feedback... few more questions.<BR><BR>Jennifer - suggestions of all inclusives at PDC?<BR><BR>Candy - Did you do the all inclusive at the Omni?

Candy Jan 23rd, 2003 08:58 AM

Yes, we did the all inclusive both times at the Omni and it was well worth it. We were not disappointed.

carrie Jan 24th, 2003 02:12 PM

Stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Beach in PDC last May, 2002. And now will be staying at their resort in Cozumel this May.<BR><BR>Had a great time. Quite lovely. Actually nicer than we thought it would be. Food was great. Never had done the all inclusive thing before....we were quite impressed and happy we chose this resort.<BR><BR>Would go again except it's too far to the dive sites.<BR><BR>Good luck.

Jan Jan 25th, 2003 11:24 AM

Playa del Carmen is a beautiful romantic spot with fabulous beaches. I prefer it to Cancun, because it's much less commercialized and not as crowded. There are so many nice resorts there. I am a travel agent and have sent many people to the Gala Resort-everyone loves it. The Iberostar properties are very popular also. If you would like any help making reservations or getting pricing, I would be happy to help! <BR><BR>

fran Jan 25th, 2003 11:32 AM

Regarding trip to pdc, 1st trip to Mexico, should we be concerned about the water? Is all the water filtered as it is in Cancuun?