Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   All Inclusive in Cabo San Lucas (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/all-inclusive-in-cabo-san-lucas-1652961/)

Giovanna May 7th, 2018 10:27 AM

All Inclusive in Cabo San Lucas

Looking for a one week stay in an all inclusive for single traveler.

suze May 7th, 2018 12:26 PM

Do you want to be in downtown Cabo? The Marina? Medano Beach? Or out on the Corridor? And does it have to be an All Inclusive? (there aren't all that many of them in town is why i ask). I've been to Cabo solo, and had a great time, but I just stayed at a regular Mexican hotel downtown, about 10 mins. walk to Medano Beach.

MichelleY May 8th, 2018 08:36 AM

We go down to Cabo (Cabo San Lucas and San Jose) just about every year. We never do AI, but know others that do. In San Jose, my BIL and SIL stay at the Holiday Inn. They love it and it is handy to downtown San Jose, which has shopping, restaurants, galleries. Not as busy as CSL.

In CSL, Pueblo Bonito has 2 hotels (Rose and Los Cabos) with the AI option. Both are on the Medano Beach with all the action, swimming and beach bars.

On the Pacific side, Pueblo Bonito has a huge resort called Sunset Beach, and an adult only resort called Pacifica. Pacifica is very zen. Both have AI. Downside is they are further from town, which we don’t mind, but others like being closer to restaurants etc.

This is what I have knowledge of in Cabo. We don’t do AI as we like to go out to all the great restaurants in both San Jose and CSL. You have to decide where you would like to be. I think AI at resorts out on the corridor makes sense as you are away from towns.

suze May 8th, 2018 09:43 AM

I do agree with that last part 100%! If you choose a resort out on "the Corridor" then you'd want a food plan included (and I'm not familiar with those resorts). I think I would feel a bit isolated as a solo traveler though in those kinds of places (YMMV).

But for staying in town there are too many great bars and restaurants to be limited to only your own resort (just my opinion). For higher end Casa Dorada is a 5-star resort right on Medano Beach (where all the beach bars are) or Bahia Hotel is a 3-star just a bit back from the beach same general area. I stayed at Hotel Mar de Cortez downtown (basic mexican 3-star) very near bars, restaurants, shopping, 5 mins. to the Marina, 10 mins. to Medano.

suze May 10th, 2018 01:59 PM

happened again :-( whenever moderators move threads to a different forum from where the author posted it - apparently it kills them.

(this one was meant to be in the Lounge)

mariomoreno May 17th, 2018 08:52 AM

Try Solmar, Playa Grande, Hacienda Encantada, and maybe Marina Fiesta. If your spot will be Cabo San Lucas and you are not planning to go to San José del Cabo, pick one right at Cabo San Lucas, or you will spend a lot of USD in transportation or cabs.

Have a great stay!

tom42 May 17th, 2018 09:13 AM

We booked a week at the Hyatt Ziva in August. It looks quite nice and gets good reviews. I think it is closer to San Jose Del Cabo than Cabo San Lucas. We don't often do all inclusives but thought we would give it a try.

MichelleY May 17th, 2018 09:43 AM

Ziva is right in San Jose, hotel zone. Handy to downtown.

You up need go out to Flora Farm, or the lower key, but just as lovely Acre. Close to SJ.

tom42 May 17th, 2018 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by MichelleY (Post 16731334)
Ziva is right in San Jose, hotel zone. Handy to downtown.

You up need go out to Flora Farm, or the lower key, but just as lovely Acre. Close to SJ.

That's good to know. While we will do all our dining at Ziva, it would be nice to stroll the town a couple of days/nights. It sounds more to my liking than Cabo San Lucas (which sounds more like a party).

suze May 17th, 2018 10:59 AM

tom42~ I really enjoyed downtown Cabo San Lucas, my one visit so far. I did not find it at all "more like a party" unless you went and hung out at a few certain tourist places (beach bars or nightclubs). It's a normal town otherwise.

tom42 May 17th, 2018 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by suze (Post 16731366)
tom42~ I really enjoyed downtown Cabo San Lucas, my one visit so far. I did not find it at all "more like a party" unless you went and hung out at a few certain tourist places (beach bars or nightclubs). It's a normal town otherwise.

That's good to know. I doubt if we will make it there this trip but for future reference in the event we really like Cabo and go back.

suze May 17th, 2018 11:44 AM

Not that you'd necessarily stay here, but this was my hotel...
Hotel Mar de Cortez | Cabo San Lucas | Mexico
Cute place. Prices are $50-65usd/night. Right in the center of downtown.

tenthumbs May 24th, 2018 08:17 AM

During spring break, downtown CSL and the beaches are awful. The only time I've done AI is at the Villa del Palmar, and I do NOT recommend it. I've had friends do AI at the Pueblo Bonita Sunset and at the RIU, and they said the AI was great. As for the recommendation for Flora Farm~I've never been, but a friend raved about it.