All inclusive/couples only with a nightlife

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for resort geared towards couples only in Mexico, all inclusive, with somewhat of a nightlife- Saw Secrets Maroma Beach and loved it but from what I am reading very low key.... any other suggestions?
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 10:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look into the Royal Playa del Carmen if you want a livlier adults only AI. It is right in the town of Playa.
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 01:01 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Any of the resort towns in Mexico offer great nightlife around at the bars and clubs (Playa del Carmen, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, etc.). You don't have to limit yourself to what is available on the property at a single AI resort.
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 05:51 PM

My fiance and I stayed at the Royal last September and absolutely loved it!! We were in our late 20's and looking for a relaxing yet semi-active atmosphere. The Royal has it all!! Great food. Nice people. Large relaxing pool with a swim up bar. Beach is relaxing but on the smaller side compared to others we've been to like Negril. Waiters walk the beach taking drink orders... always nice on a warm day! They even have a lounge with pool tables, a fully stocked help-yourself bar, and snack foods 24/7. Perfect for us! If you decide to leave the resort there is the main strip of resturants, bars and shops within a block of the resort. For people looking for the club scene there is an area farther down the road with a cluster of night clubs. We loved it there! There is even one that overlooks the beach. BTW: The Royal is adults only with a sister resort beside it that is more family oriented. You can use their facilities and resturants but they can't use the Royal's. It worked out great because we had more options for food and activities. Good luck with your travel plans!
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 06:13 PM
KVR

I 3rd the Royal Playa del Carmen. It has to be the best AI we have ever stayed and we've been to many. The location is perfect, so if you don't find the nightlife that you're looking for at the resort, just walk 5 minutes to 5th Avenue.
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 05:32 PM

KVR and Schmerl,
Recognize your names from the Caribbean forums and trust your opinions- I am helping my daughter look for a honeymoon destination (early December- I know, not the best travel time) that won't break the bank but would be pretty, not huge, and some fun at night- they are not foodies- this looks like a good place. She is an elementary school teacher so the adult only aspect is attractive on this one but not mandatory. I have not been to Playa since 2005 so I know nothing- especially about all inclusives. Any more names to explore that are moderately priced (flying from Jacksonville)??

Xempro seems to give it a very good review and it's nice it is not remote like some resorts so the option of exploring Playa on their own easily sounds like a real plus.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread- I would really appreciate it if you have any ideas just to put it as a message to me in the topic and I will keep looking for any help. Her fiance is busy studying for some very important exams for his job so she is the researcher on this one. I am thinking they need to try to keep it at $3500 or less if possible (5 nights probably). Thanks a million.
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 04:44 AM

ishkribbl ,
Thank you for your kind remark.
Having been an elementary school counselor for MANY years,, I understand your daughter's desire to honeymoon away from children.
Is the beach important to them or are they "pool people"?
Does that $3500 include airfare and if so, from where?
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 05:06 AM

They will be flying from Jacksonville. The beach would be important but they are not divers or even really snorkelers. It would be great if the $3500 would include air. There are so many AI's in Mexico and Jamaica that it is overwhelming to try to sort it out! Thanks so much for any help.
PS I am a school counselor myself (middle school).
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 05:08 AM

Schmerl- also, they are not real big partiers so the night life does not have to be the biggest determiner- just something to do at night (music or whatever) would be nice.
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 05:36 AM

For a lower cost adults only look into the Catalonia Royal Tulum. It is not as glitzy as some others, but is on a beautiful stretch of beach. It is also lower key than some of the others.
School counselors rule!!!!!
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 06:13 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Early December is a great time to travel to Mexico (so I'm not sure about that one remark saying that it's not a good time). Weather is typically gorgeous then, and it's before the crowds of "high season" (Christmas - Easter).
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 08:49 AM
KVR

ishkribbl, Yes, thank you for your comment.

Actually, the first and second week of December is a really great time to travel. The weather is usually good, low crowds and some of the best prices you will find. We having been going to Mexico the first week of December for several years now. The only issue I have found is that the pools seem to be a little too cool for us, but the ocean temps are perfect.

Unfortunately, the couples/adults only resorts tend to cost more than the family friendly. However, at that time of year you may find some good deals.

I would also suggest Cozumel. Much more laid back and better prices on hotels than Playa del Carmen. Look at the Cozumel Palace and the Sabor Cozumel Resort & Spa. We honeymooned in Cozumel and been back 3 additional times. It has to be one of our favorite destinations.
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 06:09 AM

You also should look into Excellence Playa Mujeres . Another wonderful adults only that is not priced too high.
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 02:04 PM

KVR, Schmerl and Suze,
Thank you so very much for all your help! I was afraid that mid December would be "high season" in Mexico (and Jamaica) since I know that some Caribbean areas go to high season rates around that time so I was afraid they would not be able to afford the trip. I have been to Playa in mid November several years ago and the weather was delightful so I am glad to hear that December would be nice as well (and not break the bank for them).
I am going to pass this list along to her and take a look myself as well. The place does not have to be all adult if you think of any other good places that are within their budget. I think they would like smaller places better than some of the huge ones, but, on the other hand with AI perhaps more food and bar choices would be a good thing- I have never stayed at AI's so I am clueless.
Schmerl- Is the Excellence Playa Mujeres on Isla? Is it new or has it been there (or is it renamed in the past few years)? We went to Isla for a week back in maybe 2008 or so- really liked the fact we could stroll around town without a car and see the town. Where on the island is it?
Again, you three are the best- thank you so very much for the help! I am off to look up the places you have recommended.
Ish
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 04:57 PM

No...Excellence Playa Mujeres is about 30 minutes from the Cancun airport....not on Isla Mujeres.
Some of the smaller Adults only AI resort are a bit more pricey, but you never now when you can find a deal.
Royal Hideaway would be perfect for them if you can find a good price.