Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Airfare to Buenos Aires (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/airfare-to-buenos-aires-574049/)

kflmeyer Dec 2nd, 2005 08:17 AM

Airfare to Buenos Aires

I'm planning a trip to Buenos Aires for the last week of March 2006. I live in Baltimore, on the East Coast of the U.S. The lowest fare I can find is approximately $700. I'd like to know if this fare is great - grab it now; average or high - hold out for a lower fare. I've never traveled to South America, so I don't know what the range should be. Thanks in advance for your comments.

saltshaker Dec 2nd, 2005 09:47 AM

It's not "great" for March (kind of the tail end of "high season", but it's pretty good. You might find something closer to $600 if you do a little searching, my guess is from Baltimore or DC you're not likely to find something less than that.

rickker20 Dec 2nd, 2005 10:44 AM

make sure you fligh LAN and not Argentina Airlines.

Graziella5b Dec 2nd, 2005 06:42 PM

Hi. I fly often from Miami to Buenos Aires, a good wholesaler I used for years is
Vista Sud America, you can e mail them or call them . Last time I flew Lan I paid less.

sandy_b Dec 3rd, 2005 02:42 PM

Graziella5b,

I just Googled Vista Sud America and didn't get any info (other than this post) . . . do you have their email?

I'm interested in cheaper airfare in March also . . . I'll be traveling from Dallas and the lowest fare I have found is $843 +/-.

Thanks,
Sandy (in Denton)

drdawggy Dec 4th, 2005 02:48 AM

843 is an average price from DFW. Another good source....check www.carbone-travel.com This agency specializes in fares to the southern part of South America. They usually offer the best fares in the market....although sometimes you can get better fares directly from the airline web site. In your case a good place to check is aa.com, since American offers a direct flight to BsAs from DFW.....the fare you see this week will not be the fare you see next week....

Graziella5b Dec 4th, 2005 04:50 PM

sandy b, I have their phone, in Miami,
305 266 3029 and their fax 266 6852, I always call them on the phone then they
e mail the e tickets to me. Good luck.

PS I tall to RUbi or George

Graziella5b Dec 4th, 2005 04:55 PM

Hi, I also heard that carbone-travel.com is good but you should do what I often fail to do compare both Vista and Carbone por specific dates and flights. I have always been happy with Vista.

sandy_b Dec 4th, 2005 05:36 PM

Thanks Graziella5b . . . I'll call them tomorrow.

Drdawggy, I went to Carbone and they are exactly the same price as AA's website. All things being equal, I'd rather book w/AA and get the bonus miles for booking on-line. If I don't find something a lot less w/Vista, I think I'll wait and see if fares will go down. If not, I'll just have to pick another destination for spring break.

Thanks for the replies,
Sandy (in Denton)