Airfare

Jul 7th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Original Poster

Airfare

We are planning our trip to Costa Rica in late August. I have purchased airfare to Costa Rica; however we plan to fly to a couple of destinations on Sansa or NatureAir(specifically to Puerto Jimenez and Quepos). Does anyone have any idea how far ahead of time it is necessary to book these flights? Any preference on the airlines? And is there an airline that flies from Puerto Jimenez to Quepos? How about amount of time booking a rental car? Thanks for any advice!!
Jul 7th, 2004, 07:19 PM

In August you should be able to book any domestic flights one day in advance. This is not a busy season, so there are fewer flights (mostly fairly early in the morning since the afternoon rains can cause cancellations).

Book your domestic flights after you arrive if possible. Let the folks at your first hotel do it for you, or ask the hotel you've booked in Quepos or Corcovado to assist you. I have found that it is usually very difficult to deal with either of the domestic airlines via the Internet or email.
Jul 8th, 2004, 08:26 AM

I have used Lynch Travel in Quepos to make air travel reservations from SJ to Jimenez, the Puerto Jimenez to Quepos and then Quepos back to SJ. They were great.

http://www.lynchtravel.com/

Search this Thread