Air conditioned B&Bs in Buenos Aires?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of any air conditioned B&Bs in BA in a good (safe) neighborhood? I'm looking at February for a possible visit and hear it's pretty hot then. Right? Thanks for replies.
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 11:13 PM

I stayed at a very nice B&B recently in BA, as it was August obvioiusly I didn't need airconditioning so I'm not really sure if they have it or not. It's called Posada Palermo and the owner is a very pleasant woman called Viviana. The place is very lovely and our room was large, elegant and very comfortable...a deal at $45.

They have a website:
www.posadapalermo.com

The neighborhood was safe and there were a number of restaurants in walking distance. It suited us very well but I can imagine that many people on their first trip might prefer to be closer to the center. personally we like to get the feel for a neighborhood area and liked the more domestic setting.

BA is looking a little run down but we found the city and the people to be charming.
Old Sep 17th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestion. Posado Palermo sounds great, I'll pursue it.
Old Sep 17th, 2004, 04:12 PM

The web site looks great, but mentions "ceiling fans" instead of air conditioning. You specified air conditioned....proceed with caution, especially in January and February.....

Old Sep 18th, 2004, 12:24 AM

drdawggy,
You seem so knowledgeable...we will be there in late Nov...do you think we need airconditioning?

Thanks
Old Sep 18th, 2004, 02:05 AM

Irish Chics, thanks...I spend one-third of the year in Argentina, so I have picked up some tidbits of information along the way. Late November can be transitional...you might or might not need air conditioning in any given year or on any given day.....weren't you looking at hotels such as the Argenta Tower? If so, it is air conditioned....most mid-priced hotels are...but bed/breakfasts and apartments probably are not....I guess it is the expense of air conditioning, but even some very classy apartments and houses do not have air conditioning in Buenos Aires....I couldn't stay there in January or February without air....call me a spoiled Norte Americano.....
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 01:38 AM

We are still doing our homework...We will probably make a decision in early October...since we are both not in Ireland at the moment.

We are considering 3 things at present..BA...Falls and Punta del Este?? I guess we will have to at least book Falls before we leave Ireland to be assured of cheap flights?

Thanks
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 03:02 PM

The lowest fares on Southern Winds require 10 day advance purchase.
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 08:18 PM
Original Poster

Dr. D.....Any specific recommendations on nice, decently priced, lodging (doesn't absolutely have to be a B&B)with AC. I, too, am a spoiled AC user in hot weather. Recoleta or ? It's only for a week or so until I can find an apartment with AC. Safe neighborhood is a must. I'd also like to be in easy walking distance to restaurants and such. Thanks for any ideas!
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 12:10 AM

La otraorilla.com is a very nice B&B
check with them regarding the a.c., they have a lovely patio for breakfast with trees and plants delightful for Summer time.
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 01:00 AM

Not a B&B, but these apartments are in Recoleta. Apartments are tastefully decorated, with a large living/sleeping area, bath with jacuzzi, air, black out drapes, and a seperate kitchen. Located near Patio Bullrich and within easy walking distance of Village Recoleta. This is a modern, attractive building in an excellent and safe location.

I have not checked with them about price in two years but they used to be $60 per night for one night or $50 per night weekly. Probably more now, like everything else!

http://www.mayla.com.ar/
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Dr. D & Graziella.......Thanks so much for your ideas. Mayla apartments website now says their rate is $80/night! I'll keep checking around + contact Cintia for her help in side trips from BA. Oh, just very pleasantly and efficiently firmed up my air ticket with Carbone Travel. Their fare is waaay less than half of what the airline's (United) was.