Search

aerolineas argentina strike

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aerolineas argentina strike

Just wanted to give an update. I am in Argentina now, Nov 30/05 until Dec 20/05.If you are planning to travel within Argentina, be sure to check your flight info. There has been an ongoing strike and flights are being cancelled, leaving many, including myself stranded taking buses. Aerolineas, doesnt help much either.

Besides that Argentina has been amazing.
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 10:41 AM

The strike by pilots and technicians of Aerolineas Argentinas is now in its fifth day.

They estimate that about 30,000 tourists are being affected. The workers even blockaded the road to the airport yesterday. A madhouse.

Travelers outbound better recheck their arrangements. I was trying to book a BA/ Sao Paulo trip, and have cancelled the BA part, because of the uncertainty created bt the stike.
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 05:09 PM

try to find a LAN flight if their are any because most of them are sold out!!! good luck
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 01:51 AM

Thx for the update I have reservations in Feb-Rio-BA & BA -Lima with AA. What do you think, experts, will this strike be on-going? Should I rebook with another airline while there still are some options? Thx again!
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

my advice would be if you can book with another airline, then I would.. Its so up and down at the moment, and to be honest they dont seem to care so much. There have also been cases of over booking planes as well, with aerolineas. So even if you have a seat, dont smile until you are actually flying. El calafate and Ushuaia are very hard to get out of.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 10:46 AM

strike is still going on with no end to it!! I feel sorry for all them people stuck at the airport.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 05:46 PM

Strike has been resolved. No more problem for now, and up for three months "peace".
Enjoy!
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 01:30 PM

The strike might be over but a LOT of people were affected including me. I had a flight booked to New Zealand then on to Australia and missed my flight. It was very frustrating dealing with them during it. I know it was a tough time for everyone but I probably will avoid them in the future. I have a sour taste in my mouth.

I had already purchased about 7 internal trips for Australia for a month long trip so I was forced to buy a business class ticket on LAN Chile at the last minute which was very expensive booking within 24 hours of leaving.

I already bought a ticket a while back on Aerolineas Argentina for Rio for the New Year. I hope there aren't problems with that trip too. What a nightmare.