Advice on Cozumel

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 05:16 PM
A Morawetz

Advice on Cozumel

Hi!
Our family of 6 is staying at Allegro Cozumel in a few weeks. Has any one been there and can you tell me the details... food, snorkelling, quality of their equipment like sailboards, etc. Where is the best place to rent a jeep. Do any vehicles hold 6 people? How much money will we need if we all go scuba diving for a day? How much does it cost to rent a jeep for a day?
Can you tell me about the entertainment and what it is like in town. Any advice would be most helpful.. Thanks.. are there really mosquitoes at night at Allegro Cozumel...?
Looking forward to hearing from someone...

Old Mar 1st, 2000, 03:48 PM
Kelly

My husband and I visited Cozumel last year and had a wonderful time. We started out at the Fiesta Americana..which was AWEFUL! We switched over to the El Presidente within 2 days and it changed the entire trip. The service was WONDERFUL! Rooms were VERY clean, pool overlooked the ocean--great for the kids, ping pong tables outside, volleyball on the beach, beach umbrellas set up with green flags that if you placed them in the sand a waiter would come over to take your order, casual restaurant that overlooked the restaurant that served complimentary breakfasts that were great. They came around nightly and brought us bottled water. All rooms were ocean FRONT. We are scuba divers and found it very reasonably priced. We really enjoyed the beach dives right in front of the hotel! Infact, the snorkeling was out of this world. You can rent jeeps right at the hotel. Be sure to ask is they have tops, ours didn't and it rained big time. The jeep rentals were not cheap. Be sure to drive to the ruins. The kids will love them. There is also this Italian restaurant that has some of the best food. I forgot the name but I'll get it and forward it on to you. I don't think you'll want to hang out too much at night in town. However, there are many many shops that service the cruise ships that come in. Be sure to barter at the stores. Not one mosquito!! I hope this info helps please feel free to ask me any other questions. Have a wonderful trip! Oh, and it is very humid.

Old Mar 1st, 2000, 10:47 PM
Tim

Kelly, I hope you're not referring the Fiesta Americana Coral Beach which is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Old Mar 1st, 2000, 10:49 PM
Tim

Oops -- sorry about that Kelly! I thought you were referring to Cancun!!

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 04:41 PM
PJ

Just got back from Cozumel last nite 3/5/2000. Stayed at Allegro last nite only due to charter being cancelled Sat. VERY NICE resort.. Seems to have very good equipment there.. their own dive center and all the water sports you can imagine..didnt see any sail boards only sunfish sailboats. Car rental in Cozumel is simple but expensive. We rented VW Bugs. for 44 a day.. Jeep is 70-80 a day Not too much bigger on the island that we saw. You can rent a VW Thing (remember those funky cars) it may seat 6. I didnt scuba only snorkeled and its fairly reasonable. We were in town for the Carnival so it was really hopping with festivals. Everything is down in town (about 25 min from your hotel). No mosquitos this time of year that i saw but we were only at Allegro one nite. Be sure to go to the Eastern side of the island. Beautiful beaches and scenery.. drive around the whole island. WONDERFUL place and nice people.