7-9 days in CR- traveling with 7 yr old- pls help!!

Nov 3rd, 2006, 06:20 AM
Original Poster
7-9 days in CR- traveling with 7 yr old- pls help!!

Hi everyone,

I am in grad school and mother to a 7 yr old- I've been "planning" a trip to C.R. for some time now.Would like to go around Xmas. I've read through some of the lonely planet guide and this website.3 of us (hubby too) would be going.
I'd like to do Manuel Antonio, and I think Arenal- but don't know if that's feasible to do in this time period and with a child. Other things I'd like to do is go to a nice beach, hot springs, dolphins/whales would be great- but it probably couldn't be squeezed in right? My top priorities are: wildlife, volcano,dolphins/whales, hot springs, beach. AM I asking for too much? Any pointers?
Nov 3rd, 2006, 10:57 AM
manuel antonio to monteverde is about 4 hours drive, from monteverde u get a jeep-boat-jeep across lake arenal to la fortuna, it's doable in 9 days. but i'd skip monteverde and spend more time in la foretuna, more to do:

Nov 4th, 2006, 04:34 AM
I've taken my son to CR twice - at 7 and 10, a month each time.

He loved Monteverde - the reserve, frog pond, butterfly farm with all its gruesome insects.

He liked Arenal - his favourite part was the Vendado Caves.

We did a boat trip in Palo Verde he really enjoyed. I'm sure the Cano Negro trip from Arenal would be as good.

We went whale watching in MA which was a big hit. We had a bad experience with a riptide in MA. He enjoyed the sloths and monkeys in the national park. He also liked the zip lines.

He also enjoyed Volcan Poas and Zoo Ave which can be done from Alejaula (sp??)

He didn't like the long distances and the time spent in the car.

Search this Thread