Search

3 ?'s about Mexico...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 03:14 AM
MARILYN

3 ?'s about Mexico...

In early March, my sister and I will be traveling to Cancun. I have just 3 questions-is having a passport a big deal?, and is March 2-9th spring break-?, it is our first time to Cancun, any recommendations?...<BR>Thanks for any input!-Marilyn

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 05:20 AM
Kris

We saw plenty of people without passports in Cancun in December. They have two separate lines, the one with passports was shorter when we were there but we had to wait for the Apple bus anyway so it didn't matter.<BR><BR>My favorite day trip from Cancun is to Chichen Itza to see the Mayan ruins, the best in the region. It's about 2-3 hours from Cancun and you can do it on an organized excursion, arrange for a private tour, drive or probably take a public bus. <BR><BR>We also enjoyed going over to Isla Mujeres to go snorkeling. If you're not looking for the booze cruise experience there are public ferries and then once you're on Isla Mujeres you can hire a boat to take you out snorkeling. The area near the lighthouse had a lot of fish.<BR><BR>You can also make a day trip out of Tulum and Xelha, about 1 1/2 hours from Cancun. We rented a car and drove down but there are surely some organized excursions or public transportation that go down there as well.<BR><BR>Don't be afraid to take the public buses in Cancun. They are cheap, around 50 cents, they run frequently and the drivers will sometimes pick you up even if you're not at a bus stop. Take the bus into downtown Cancun, there are a lot of restaurants, an open air market, a supermarket.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 08:42 AM
x

spring break here is March 11-15. you may have some kids there while you are.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Carmella

You will have a lot of spring breakers -many colleges in the U.S. have spring break at that time.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 02:20 PM
vetho

Hi Marilyn .. I will be traveling to Cancun march 2-9th too. See you there !!!!

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Christine

We traveled to the area and had no passports. We had no trouble at all.<BR>A good day trip would be to go to Xel-ha. We had a great time snorkeling there and saw lots of fish!

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Jan

w/o passport you need legit birth certificate, no photocopies