3 nights in MA/Quepos: Thoughts on staying at 2 different hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanted to stay at La Posada for all 3 nights but only available for 2. How about the Mango Moon for the last night before heading to SJ? Seems a bit pricey and don't have a good feel for proximity of the 2 hotels. Open for any suggestions! Will I regret "moving" for 1 night?
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 02:21 AM

I don't see anything wrong with this at all. One is down on a little side road close to the beach basically at beach level. The other is about 1/2 way to Quepos from where u were ( park area) , on top of the hill with great views. You would be closer to different restaurants , little Biesanz Beach , etc. ( still a short cab ride though as walking in the dark is not a good idea.) MM is on a side road as well. Did u look at Villas Nicolas? Maybe a bit less pricy...
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 04:14 AM

Personally if I couldn't stay more than one night somewhere I would feel rushed getting in and getting out. Not only does it take time shifting around luggage and checking in and getting re-settled, but that's needless stress when you could be on the beach relaxing! That said, MM has a special place in my heart so I'd say if you get the chance, go!

Maybe you could find a place like MM for all 3?
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 05:57 AM

My wife and I just got back from Mango Moon, where we stayed for 5 nights. We loved it. It's very intimate, and it's common to meet all of the guests, along with the two owners, over a cocktail at sunset. Yes, it's a bit pricey, but it's also a lot less than many of the other decent hotels (i.e. Si Como No, Mikanda, Maraposa). The views of the cove are amazing and the monkeys will play in the trees daily just a few feet from you. It's positioned on the side road which leads to Mikanda and Palador. It's also a short walk to the bus stop near Cafe Milagro on the main road. I believe there are a few rooms without an ocean view. This is definately worth the little bit extra.

Ken
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 08:36 AM

If u r not allready booked at La Posada , I would choose MM as well ( for all 3).