Search

25th Wedding Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2000, 05:58 AM
Doris White

25th Wedding Anniversary

My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in March. We will be renewing our vows and would like to honeymoon in a romantic, exotic place. Any suggestions?

Old Sep 26th, 2000, 09:07 AM
Kat

Serveral suggestions: <BR> <BR>La Casa Que Canta in Zihuatanejo on Mexico's pacific coast <BR> <BR>Las Alamandas at Costa Alegre, also on Mexico's Pacific coast <BR> <BR>Casa Natalia in San Jose de Cabo at the tip of Baja <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 26th, 2000, 10:20 AM
Elena Garza

Congratulations! Felicidades! <BR> <BR>Puerto Vallarta is considered one of the most romantic destinations and very suitable for celebrating those special events. I would like to recommend that you keep us in mind. Please contact me if you would like more information. <BR>Gracias, elena.

Old Sep 27th, 2000, 07:04 AM
Nancy

We are celebrating our 25th Anniversary and were looking for something special also. Concentrated on Mexico and can recommend the following very highly: <BR> <BR>Villa Rolandi in Isla De Mujeres - small, private, intimate, excellent service, very reasonable prices for what you get. Web site is www.rolandi.com <BR> <BR>Hotel Maroma south of Cancun - very luxurious, small property, came very highly recommended for special occasions. Web site is www.maroma.net <BR> <BR>Villa Del Sol (Ixtapa) - private splash pools, web site is hotelvilladelsol.com. <BR> <BR>Las Ventanas al Pairoso (Las Cabos)- expensive but sounds out of this world. Read recent Dallas Morning News article at http://www.dallasnews.com/travel/mex...ose_00tra.html <BR> <BR>We finally decided on Royal Hideaway in Playa Del Carmen. Can't beat the beautiful Caribbean waters and have heard wonderful things about food and service. This is an All Inclusive property. <BR> <BR>If you are interested in locations other than Mexico you might want to check out Small Luxury hotels web site at www.slh.com. They all sound wonderful (if only I had more time and money!!) <BR> <BR>Good luck on your selection.

Old Sep 27th, 2000, 07:16 AM
Richard James

Doris, <BR> Congratulations! 25 years today is a milestone! <BR> Consider Majahuitas Resort, just south of Puerto Vallarta. My wife and I renewed our vows there in 1997 with special friends in attendance. It was perfect. Visit their website @ http://www.mexicanbeachresort.com <BR>Good Luck! Richard James

Old Sep 27th, 2000, 07:43 AM
lisa

Two suggestions in Costa Rica: <BR> <BR>#1 -- Lapa Rios on the Osa Peninsula. VERY exotic and romantic. Open-air thatched-roof bungalows with huge private decks overlooking the ocean, surrounded by sounds of howler monkeys and scarlet macaws in the trees outside your bungalow. Fantastic food, wonderful staff, waterfalls galore, unspoiled beaches, more wildlife than you believe. Pricey but worth every penny, and the rates include all your meals (which are delicious). More info at www.laparios.com <BR> <BR>#2 -- Villa Caletas, on the central Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Beautiful individual villas with balconies overlooking the ocean, incredible food, excellent service, the most beautiful infinity pool I've ever seen, surrounded by exotic tropical foliage and even toucans. More info at http://www.hotelvillacaletas.com/ <BR> <BR>Also one suggestion not in Latin America, but it is romantic and exotic -- Ladera Resort on the island of St. Lucia in the Caribbean. Open-air rooms overlooking the Caribbean and the Pitons and the jungle, each with private plunge pool and incredible views (since there's no fourth wall, there's nothing between you and the view!). It has a wonderful restaurant and terrific staff also. More info on the Caribbean forum or at www.ladera-stlucia.com and www.ladera-resort.com

Old Sep 27th, 2000, 09:37 AM
dan

Check out our Villa Montana Adventure Outpost at: www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm <BR> <BR>adios!