Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   25 lb luggage limit in Costa Rica?? (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/25-lb-luggage-limit-in-costa-rica-432718/)

Wes2004 May 17th, 2004 04:53 PM

25 lb luggage limit in Costa Rica??

Hello again everyone!!

I read in a post that your luggage cannot exceed 25 pounds?? We are taking domestic flighs in the county...also Interbus.

My dad and I are going. Is it 25 pounds per person or for the couple traveling??

This is something I have to know. Shillmac I want to say thank you for all your help!! I would love to take you along if I could!! Thanks everyone else also!!

Kwoo May 17th, 2004 05:03 PM

Wes2004, When are you going to CR and where? I hope you will post a trip report. We are going in August, and I love reading everyone's trip reports. They are very helpful.

shillmac May 17th, 2004 06:02 PM

Wes, you are very welcome, although I doubt I helped any more than anyone else! It's fun to talk about it! As to your question, we haven't flown domestic in Costa Rica, but I do know that the limit is 25 lb. baggage PER PERSON. I understand from others that the airlines are strict about this. Especially on full flights. I hope you have the trip of your life!

Iza May 17th, 2004 06:21 PM

We have flown both Sansa and TravelAir (now Nature Air) and they both do have 25lb limit per person. We were a couple of pounds over for our Sansa flight but had no problem. On Travel Air, they actually weighed both the luggage and us. They made us pay for a few pounds that our luggage was over, but we had no problem getting on the flight and the luggage has flown with us.

Wes2004 May 20th, 2004 08:07 PM

Hello!

Sorry it has taken so long to respond, my internet was down...I was dying without!

I will post a trip report...just so everyone can tell me "I told you the trip would be great and to stop all that worrying:)" I'm leaving June 4th!!!!!

Shillmac...you rock! That's all I have to say!

Anyways, I have to get some sleep I have graduation today WOOHOO!

Shonda May 20th, 2004 08:11 PM

Hi everyone,

I will be flying into Costa Rica, but then all my traveling will be rental car. Does the 25lb limit matter on the flights going into and from Costa Rica from the States?

Thanks.

shillmac May 20th, 2004 08:35 PM

No, Shonda, the limit merely applies to domestic travel within the country.

Wes, congratulations! I hope you have the time of your life! Be careful, now. . .:)

whirldwid May 20th, 2004 08:40 PM

Between my wife and I we took one big bag that weighed 55lbs. I thought
I was told by continental ticket person that I could bring up to 70 lbs. Call the airline and ask! We had no pronlems at all.

shillmac May 20th, 2004 08:50 PM

Please double check, but I looked at the Continental.com site under Travel Center/policies/baggage/international and it said allowance was 2 bags, 70 lb. each, not to exceed 62 linear inches (total length + width + the height)