Reload this Page >

1st Time to Buenos Aires - help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 07:00 AM
Tim

Looking at going on the United deal (NYC-BA $459) to Buenos Aires next week but I don't know the first thing about the city. Can anyone suggest places to stay, eat or attractions to visit? I will check the guide books, but your input would help!

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 07:57 AM
Diana M

You'd better look into to this seriously. Last week I read of an out break they are having - lots of people sick, several dead.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 08:28 AM
Diana M

Retract my last remark. I'm thinking of Rio de Janeiro. Sorry

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 09:29 AM
maria

Tim,<BR><BR>You should stay in Recoleta, where are almost all the main attractions. it's pretty central, with very good transportation around. It has great parks, if you like the open air, with lots of activities.<BR><BR>You will want to do some shopping, as prices are very low, and enjoy the restaurants, pubs and intense nightlife.<BR>If you're into art and museums, you will have several options too.<BR><BR>Take a tango lesson, it will be fun. Go to Puerto Madero and enjoy a huge steak in Caba&ntilde;a Las Lilas, or go to El Danzon, for its unique atmosphere.<BR><BR>Contact me if I can help you with more info.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 01:46 PM
Margaret

We just came back on Tues (7-30-02). We stayed at the Marriott which is located right at Florida Street. We thought it was an excellent location. Most of our cab fares were under $2.00 US. Only one more was airport. Can highly recommend a restaurant called La Nazarena. Food is outrageously cheap. Leather shoes are another bargain. Loved our time there. Just be careful of the cabbies. Many will try to cheat you.