1st time Costa RIca trip help

Old Sep 4th, 2018, 07:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st time Costa RIca trip help

1st time to Costa Rica and would love opinions for a week long trip in April. I am totally content on a beach in the sun, my husband would like some surfing (nothing super advanced, more easy to moderate for long boards), we'd like to do some jungle walks and hiking to some waterfalls. We often rent air bnbs for the convenience of a kitchen. Any suggestions on areas we should pursue? I was already looking into Manuel Antonio area. Do you think 3-4 days in one spot and then move to a new spot or stay the full 7 days in one location? I know the roads make travel a little long. Are there any air bnbs people have loved to stay in? Or specific towns? We aren't huge partiers, but do like a good happy hour. Thanks for any tips and advice.
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 02:47 AM

We love the Manuel Antonio area; we stay at Tulemar Bungalows - they have their own beach, lots of wildlife on site like sloths and monkeys, and there are good open air restaurants nearby you can walk to. Also free use of boogie boards and kayaks. I'd split your time with another location. Roads are in pretty good shape in that area.
Old Sep 6th, 2018, 02:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
<<Do you think 3-4 days in one spot and then move to a new spot or stay the full 7 days in one location?>>

This will depend on your flight times and whether you have to spend any nights near the airport. If you fly in/out of San Jose, you could do a few night in Arenal, then finish up st the beach in MA.

A friend surfs quite a bit and spent time in Nosara, more up north along the coast.
Old Sep 7th, 2018, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. Yes 2 locations. How does Nosora compare to Tamarindo? Surfwise/beach wise and or scene wise?
Old Sep 7th, 2018, 05:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have not been to Nosara or Tamarindo, so cannot give a first hand review. Nosara is not a developed or touristed as Tamarindo.
Old Sep 7th, 2018, 12:26 PM

Since you mentioned waterfalls, you might check out Vacation Buggy in the Manuel Antonio area; people rave about it, and it always gets good reviews.