Reload this Page >

10 Best Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2000, 07:40 AM
Helen

My husband and I are going to P.V. in March. Staying at the Westin Regina. Looking for some good restaurants either in the Marina area or downtown. Thanks for your help.

Old Sep 30th, 2000, 07:10 AM
mexicodan

Try these sites for info: go2vallarta.com or puerto-vallarta.com or vallartatoday.com <BR> <BR>adios! <BR> <BR>[email protected] <BR>www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm

Old Oct 1st, 2000, 01:25 PM
maggie

Le Bistro is great. Cafe de olla (I'm not sure of the spelling) <BR>is a fantastic mexican restaurant. Not touristy like carlos and charlies etc. <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 1st, 2000, 04:02 PM
John

I second Le Bistro. Trio also has a very good reputation. <BR>hasta, <BR>JR

Old Oct 1st, 2000, 06:19 PM
Jesse

I'll third Le Bistro. Also, for some of the best food and atmosphere anywhere, Cafe de Artiste. Good casual seafood at a place that you won't see in any brochures is the Tangaroa across from the Buenaventura Beach club and 1 street over. Have fun!

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 12:49 PM
karinn

From a Mexican point of view <BR>1/Cafe des artistes has great food <BR>2)Le Bistro its very nice located at the river <BR>3) Las palomas and cafe de la olla are mexican restaurants <BR>4)At the marriott Hotel there is an excelent japanese restaurant <BR>The main street its full of good restaurants, but at the end of the malecón there is a little street calle Gabino Barreda I belive (Im not sure )and its full of <BR>good and gourmet restaurants The Adobe cafe, Pan cake house, etc. <BR>

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 02:25 PM
Phyllis

We were in P.V.in November and stayed at the Westin. It's a beautiful hotel with lovely landscaping and beautiful pools. At the Marina, walking distance from the Westin, is Portobello's, a fabulous Italian restaurant. Be sure to make reservations ahead of time.

Old Oct 8th, 2000, 08:06 AM
pt

Most definitely the Red Cabbage Cafe. A small restaurant tucked away near the river. Read the book "Like Water for Chocolate" before you come, then you will recognize the menu!

Old Oct 15th, 2000, 09:09 AM
ss

In the marina area try Captain Morgan's which is good and across the street and down a short ways from the Westin is a pizza place called Benedettis which is good and you can take out if you want to go back to the resort. A great restaurant that is located downtown & up a hill (take a taxi) is Ah Carambaha. This place as great food and the best spot for watching the sunset.

Old Oct 16th, 2000, 11:28 AM
Kaye

For 7 or 8 years now we have enjoyed Chez Elena which is also on the hill and a good place to watch the sunset from their roof-top bar.

Old Nov 18th, 2000, 03:34 AM
Shelly

Helen: After 6 stays in PV we can recommend these for great eating: <BR>Cafe des Artistes, La Palapa, Daiquiri Dicks, Bogart's(a one-time tourist experience), Brasil(inexpensive, fun place with good food), Pipi's(best local food, in town, usually very crowded at night...try to go for lunch and then explore the town).Disagree with recommendation for Portobello,highly overrated,not worth the wait.Other restaurants at the marina are okay although I can't say we loved anyone in particular. For beautiful views try El Set or Sr.Chicos. El Panorama has a view but is also overrated.Le Bistro has jazz on tapes and is in a lovely setting on the river. We think the food is hit or miss. Have a great vacation and let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 08:12 AM
xxx

Would highly advise Balam. Very casual. Excellent seafood. We make a stop there each trip.

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 08:31 AM
Jacqui

La Dolce Vita is my favourite!! Always busy so try and make a reservation. <BR>Cafe des Artistes is fabulous though a bit pricey