Notices

1 Day Itinerary from Puerto Limon

Sep 23rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
Original Poster

1 Day Itinerary from Puerto Limon

Hi! I'll be in Costa Rica mid-October. I've been looking for a good tour group since we're coming in on a cruise and will be there for only one day. I'd like to take a ride in the canal, see the rain forest, visit a banana and a coffee plantation, and and buy some coffee and chocolates.

So far, I've checked out Oscar Brown Tours, You're Lucky Tour, and Gekko Trail Adventures. However, I've heard that it isn't necessary to book ahead of time with a large tour agency and that there are tour buses/vans that wait for people who are looking for tours. I've heard that these tours are actually really good. I'd like to know if anyone has ever gone on these and if they've been really enjoyable. If it's better to prebook with one of the larger tour companies, I'd appreciate it if I could please get some recommendations.

Thank you!
Sep 23rd, 2011, 11:52 PM

Gecko Trail Adventures is a great operator if you want to get away from the crowds and the tour busses offered as you get off the ship. Contact them and have something tailored just for you to enjoy the many great sights of the southern caribbean coastline of Costa Rica that awaits you about 45 min south of the cruise port. Its well worth it
Sep 27th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. I checked them out, and they were very friendly and helpful.

I'll have a few hours left after the tour. I read that there are walking tours available for the city of Limon that apparently meet at the harbor gate. I found a few general references to these but haven't found much detail. Do you know anything about these? Also, I'd like to very much visit open air markets...are there any in walking distance from the ship or should we just visit the Mercado Central?
Sep 29th, 2011, 12:20 PM

I would not do the walking tour of Limon. Not too exciting. If you take a tour that takes you south though the Jaguar Rescue Center is great as is the Sloth Rescue Center.

Search this Thread