At long last, we are ready to present a sneak preview of what the new Fodor’s forums will look like! These forums are on a new software platform that offers new features that Fodorites have been requesting for years. We’ve been busy creating and refining the new layout so that it retains the best of what Fodor’s forums have always been, but now you can do additional things like embed photos and edit your posts. In addition, new search tools will allow seasoned Fodorites and new visitors to easily find the wonderful trip reports and travel discussions that Fodor’s is known for.
Some of the features you can look forward to include:
*Photos, Photo Galleries, and Videos – Insert photos, embed videos into your posts, and create your own photo galleries
*Edit Posts – Edit your own posts
*Subscriptions – Subscribe to your favorite threads and forums to receive alerts on new activity
*Private Messages - Send Private Messages to another user (you may specify if you want to receive messages, who you receive messages from, and what kind of alerts you get)
*Quote Posts - Easily quote the specific post you are responding to
*Improved Search – Quickly find the posts or threads you’re looking for, including all your own historical comments and trip reports
*Better anti-spam protections
*Faster site speed
To help you get acquainted with this new forum, we have created a temporary “sandbox forum.” Think of it as a site where you can preview the new layout to get used to it. Early next week, I will post the link to the “sandbox forum,” explain how to log in, and post a user guide to help you get acquainted.
*****An early caveat: this “sandbox forum” will not be "live," meaning it is not connected to the Fodor’s database, but it will look and function very closely to what you can expect of the new forum. The posts or changes that you make in the “sandbox forum” will not affect what is on the live forums, nor will anything posted to the live site be migrated to the “sandbox forum” site. The “sandbox forum” is a temporary site that will disappear, along with all its content, once we officially migrate to the new forum. *****
We will leave this “sandbox forum” up for a few weeks and announce the official date for the new forum migration in the next few weeks. When the migration happens, both the current live forum and “sandbox forum” will disappear and be replaced by the new forum. Every member account, post and thread from the live forum will migrate over to the new forum.
So keep your eyes peeled early next week -- we hope you're as excited as we are!
Recent ActivityView all Forums Help activity »
- 1 http://www.wecareskincare.com/sans-age-cream/
- 2 Come explore the new Fodor’s Forum
- 3 Booty Pop
- 4 December 4th "Sandbox" Forum Tech Thread
- 5 New Fodor’s forum -- coming soon!
- 6 Posts are now in bold and italic?
- 7 test ignore
- 8 Trip to Grand Canyon in Jan
- 9 Heathrow Airport to Glasgow
- 10 the Russians can’t be behind EVERYTHING
- 11 Best route from san francisco to austin tx
- 12 What is cloudflate? Have lost ability to post again
- 13 Can't Log In. Again!
- 14 It stopped working
- 15 Thanks to the problem solvers!
- 16 Finally unable to post - reproducible! Some data
- 17 Updates from the IB team would be welcome – ASAP!
- 18 Answer to:Is REPLY fixed for you now? post HERE
- 19 No posting AGAIN
- 20 iBobi asked me to try posting -- I did, without success
- 21 "Not working in Chrome or Firefox --- FOR YOU!!!!"
- 22 Not working in Chrome or Firefox on MAC
- 23 Re: REPLY ISSUE
- 24 My Antivirus Hypothesis as Cause of the Posting Problems
- 25 >>>Answer to:Is REPLY fixed for you now? post HERE <<<