The wait is over! As I mentioned in my previous post (https://www.fodors.com/community/forums-help/new-fodors-forum-coming-soon.cfm), Fodor’s forums will be migrating to a new software platform that retains the best of what Fodor’s forums have always been and adds new exciting features on top.
We have created a “sandbox forum” to help you get an understanding of how the new forum will work.
TO LOG INTO THE TEST SANDBOX:
1. Be sure you are logged in at fodors.com/community/ (where you are right now)
2. Click on this link: https://www.fodors.com/vbulletin/
That's it! This “sandbox forum” will not be "live," meaning it is not connected to the Fodor’s database, but it will look and function very closely to what you can expect of the new forum. Posts or changes that you make in the “sandbox forum” will not affect what is on the live forums, nor will anything posted to the live site be migrated to the “sandbox forum” site.
***Please note: there is one way to get back to the current live forum from the “sandbox forum” through clicking your profile link - that is if you specifically click 1) your profile name in the top right corner, or 2) “Your Profile” under “Your Control Panel.” Please be aware this will bring you back to your current profile on the current live forum. Therefore, we recommend you do NOT use your “profile” in the sandbox, but please explore everything else.
You will know when you are in the sandbox forum because there will be a notice in a red box on the top of the page to let you know “THIS IS A TEMPORARY SANDBOX FORUM.” If you do not see this notice on the top of the page, you are back in the current live forum.***
In a few weeks, we will migrate the live forums over to the new spftware platform. When the migration happens, both the current live forum and “sandbox forum” will disappear and be replaced by the new forum. Every post and thread from the current live forum will migrate over to the new forum, but nothing from the “sandbox forum” will transfer.
Please view the Quick Start Guide to learn how to jump in and start creating new posts:
We are excited to bring this to Fodor’s, and we are here to answer any questions you have. We've created a thread here for you to report questions or issues with the Beta Test forum:
We'll be reading and responding to your posts as you make them. Enjoy it, and have fun!
Recent ActivityView all Forums Help activity »
- 1 http://www.supplements4news.com/titanax-male-enhancement/
- 2 Come explore the new Fodor’s Forum
- 3 December 4th "Sandbox" Forum Tech Thread
- 4 New Fodor’s forum -- coming soon!
- 5 Posts are now in bold and italic?
- 6 test ignore
- 7 Trip to Grand Canyon in Jan
- 8 Heathrow Airport to Glasgow
- 9 the Russians can’t be behind EVERYTHING
- 10 Best route from san francisco to austin tx
- 11 What is cloudflate? Have lost ability to post again
- 12 Can't Log In. Again!
- 13 It stopped working
- 14 Thanks to the problem solvers!
- 15 Finally unable to post - reproducible! Some data
- 16 Updates from the IB team would be welcome – ASAP!
- 17 Answer to:Is REPLY fixed for you now? post HERE
- 18 No posting AGAIN
- 19 iBobi asked me to try posting -- I did, without success
- 20 "Not working in Chrome or Firefox --- FOR YOU!!!!"
- 21 Not working in Chrome or Firefox on MAC
- 22 Re: REPLY ISSUE
- 23 My Antivirus Hypothesis as Cause of the Posting Problems
- 24 >>>Answer to:Is REPLY fixed for you now? post HERE <<<
- 25 I hate doing this but how else do you know