Here at Fodor’s, we think about travel all day long, every day, as we work on bringing you the latest inspiration, news, tips and recommendations about your favorite destinations. To give our community a place to share their travel experiences and tips with each other as well, we created the forums over 14 years ago. Since then, it has grown into a vibrant group of globetrotters--we love having conversations about your journeys with you.
It is important to us to foster dialogue about travel, and to keep our forums a great place to find travel-related information and discussion. To that end, we have made a few updates to our Forums guidelines, particularly in regards to our advertising policy, and to the Lounge. You can find the complete new guidelines here www.fodors.com/faq/joining.cfm#join2, including several key updates, which we’ll preview here:
To reduce spam on the Forums, our advertising and spam policy has been amended to more clearly state what kinds of content are, and are not allowed, on our site. Starting today, all profiles on Fodors.com now contain a field to include a website URL. If you represent a commercial business (for example, a travel agency, hotel, or tour company) or charitable organization, please post the URL to the relevant site in your member profile instead of linking to it in your posts. This will allow interested users to be able to locate more information about your services without the Forums content being overtaken with links.
In addition to the changes in our advertising and spam policies, we’ve also adjusted our content guidelines.
From now on, all conversations on the Forums must remain travel-related. We encourage you to post your opinions and experiences as a traveler on the forums--but you are respectfully requested to not include extraneous or irrelevant information. Please know that threads containing off- topic conversations will be closed or removed.
As part of this change, and in service of our greater mission to inspire and inform travelers, we will be transitioning the Fodorite Lounge to a legacy forum, beginning Tuesday, April 23 at 9:00am EST. Current Lounge posters will still be able to view and post on the Forum, but new Fodors.com users will not have access.
Thank you for your understanding of, and participation in these changes, which we believe will help improve the Forum community experience for all users. You’re welcome to contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Senior Vice President and Publisher
Recent ActivityView all Forums Help activity »
- 1 Come explore the new Fodor’s Forum
- 2 December 4th "Sandbox" Forum Tech Thread
- 3 New Fodor’s forum -- coming soon!
- 4 Posts are now in bold and italic?
- 5 test ignore
- 6 Trip to Grand Canyon in Jan
- 7 Heathrow Airport to Glasgow
- 8 the Russians can’t be behind EVERYTHING
- 9 Best route from san francisco to austin tx
- 10 What is cloudflate? Have lost ability to post again
- 11 Can't Log In. Again!
- 12 It stopped working
- 13 Thanks to the problem solvers!
- 14 Finally unable to post - reproducible! Some data
- 15 Updates from the IB team would be welcome – ASAP!
- 16 Answer to:Is REPLY fixed for you now? post HERE
- 17 No posting AGAIN
- 18 iBobi asked me to try posting -- I did, without success
- 19 "Not working in Chrome or Firefox --- FOR YOU!!!!"
- 20 Not working in Chrome or Firefox on MAC
- 21 Re: REPLY ISSUE
- 22 My Antivirus Hypothesis as Cause of the Posting Problems
- 23 >>>Answer to:Is REPLY fixed for you now? post HERE <<<
- 24 I hate doing this but how else do you know
- 25 "Try now" is not working