Notices

Writers Needed for Georgia Coast

Jul 18th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Writers Needed for Georgia Coast

Hi Travelers!

We're looking for writers based near the Georgia Coast with deep local knowledge for our guidebook of The Carolinas and Georgia, specifically for destination coverage of the Georgia Coast, from Sapelo Island to Cumberland Island, as well as the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge.

If you are working in the Georgia Coast, or a nearby region, or know any reporters/factcheckers who are currently stationed there, please be in touch. Feel free to pass this request on to friends, colleagues, and journalism listservs. Please note that we hire journalists who have local expertise, i.e. most writers work in the specific country/region or live there at least part of the year. We're looking to commission over the coming weeks. Topics include sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, the arts, sports and shopping.

If interested, please forward your resume and clips to [email protected]. Clips demonstrating experience writing restaurant, hotel, or site reviews are especially valuable. Please include a few lines about your topical expertise. Also note how long you have been in the country and your familiarity with both resort and off-the-beaten path areas. Strong writers preferred.

Many thanks!

Emily
Jul 19th, 2014, 03:04 AM

Georgia is a landlocked nation
Jul 20th, 2014, 03:32 AM

Hi, Emily. Sounds like a great assignment. Please check your RH Inbox for my response.
RM
@r_mccormick
Jul 20th, 2014, 02:52 PM

I agree with first reply, thought you were referring to nation of Georgia.
Jul 24th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

Hi @bilboburgler and @HappyTrvlr! Here is some more information on the Georgia Coast if you're interested.

http://www.fodors.com/world/north-am...he-okefenokee/

Emily
Jul 27th, 2014, 08:41 AM

HAHA bilboburgler!!

I'm sure your realized it was the state of Georgia in the USA after you read ... >>We're looking for writers based near the Georgia Coast with deep local knowledge for our guidebook of The Carolinas and Georgia, specifically for destination coverage of the Georgia Coast, from Sapelo Island to Cumberland Island, as well as the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge.>> Assuming you have some geographic knowledge.

Search this Thread