Updates from the IB team would be welcome – ASAP!

Nov 12th, 2017, 08:46 PM
kja
Original Poster

Updates from the IB team would be welcome – ASAP!

On Nov. 9 – last Thursday – we got an update from IBobi, saying: “We're sorry for this technical glitch -- our team is working on this presently and we hope to have it resolved soon. Paul”

I laughed when I read that thread, because I remember the old rule that “presently” means SOON -- not now. Well, the laugh was on me. The only subsequent updates I’ve seen from the IB team were several nearly simultaneous messages on Nov. 10, again from IBobi, asking us to “try now.” Most responses I saw were from people who still could not post replies. If there was a message from the IB team after that, I missed it.

Please, IB team, if you need information from us, tell us or e-mail us. And even if it takes a moment away from your efforts to solve the problem(s), please at least let us know that you are aware that we still exist!

In the meantime, I might ask my fellow Fodorites to consider what is helpful when they post on this thread. Humor is, of course, always welcome. (I think it was the Russians, xcountry.) In contrast, hourly posts saying one still can’t reply probably aren’t helpful unless they include clear information about potentially relevant information. There is a wealth of data for the IB team about what is and is not at issue is in our posts; making them hunt through myriad posts that add nothing might make it more difficult for them sort through what seems to be a complicated issue with no single denominator. JMO.

My update: I’ve continued to try posting with multiple browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, InternetExplorer); with and without an adblocker; after clearing my cache (or not); waiting no time or as long as 15 minutes; retrying, cancelling the request to repost, etc.; under screen names associated with e-mail accounts through differing vendors.... I can start new threads, but I can’t post a reply on either my Mac or my work PC (for which I previously reported a specific message about a problem with security that I hadn’t seen until late last week); with my mini iPad, I had no ability to post a reply until Friday evening, but HAVE had access whenever I've tried since then.

I hope this information is useful. Even more, I hope a solution is found SOON!
Nov 13th, 2017, 08:54 AM

Hi kja!

I wanted to thank you for all your updates, they are definitely helpful! The Fodors tech staff and IB team is most assuredly working on these technical issues that the Forums are currently facing and we predict an efficient resolution ASAP! I know this is a big pain and we do appreciate your patience and continued support while we handle this matter.

I will also keep you updated ASAP!

Best,
Amanda
Fodors Forums Manager
Nov 14th, 2017, 10:16 PM
kja
Original Poster

Thanks, Amanda, and thanks to the tech team for beginning to post updates. Even if there is "no" news, hearing that makes a difference!

I don't want to add to the don't-post threads, but FWIW, I still have no ability to reply from my Mac, a problem I first experienced on 7 Nov -- more than on a week ago! I'm now posting from a mini iPad, connected by wifi to my Mac, which is hard wired to my internet provider = Comcast.
Nov 14th, 2017, 11:30 PM

Hi, Amanda, I had my son check out the site--he is far more computer savvy than I am. I have had almost no problems using the site, but it's not too much fun when so many people are gone.

My son had a couple of initial thoughts, which I posted on Andrew's thread. Here is a link. Hope it helps.

https://www.fodors.com/community/for...-some-data.cfm
Nov 15th, 2017, 06:41 PM

test
Nov 15th, 2017, 07:38 PM

test reply
Nov 15th, 2017, 07:38 PM

ipv6 reply
Nov 15th, 2017, 08:23 PM
kja
Original Poster

I've had intermittent access all evening and have been happy to be able to post when I can, even if I can't always.
Nov 15th, 2017, 08:26 PM

Should be resolved, please let us know
Nov 15th, 2017, 11:20 PM
kja
Original Poster

I've had no problems for a few hours now!

To recap: After a week with NO ability to reply from this computer -- my home Mac -- I was able to post replies for a while early this evening, then was unable to reply for a while, and have now been able to reply for several hours.

I will check again in the morning.

My thanks for the progress so far, and if this problem really has been solved, then many many many thanks!
Nov 16th, 2017, 09:26 AM

I have been unable to trply
Nov 16th, 2017, 04:59 PM
kja
Original Poster

I'm still able to post. Yay!

Search this Thread