Notices

so why is my name no longer there to click?

Nov 14th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

so why is my name no longer there to click?

What changed? I could always log in and my screenname was right at the upper right hand corner. All I had to do was click on it and I'd get all my recent posts and what I had commented on. Suddenly it's gone. There is now a "welcome" which I can click, then click again on "my profile" to get the results. Is there a reason it was necessary to add this extra step?
Nov 14th, 2013, 08:56 AM

Me, too! When I opened the site this morning my name did not appear at the top of the screen. I apparently am not logged on as a member, so I cannot see if there has been activity on the threads to which I have been contributing. However, I can log on to the Lounge, which indicates the site recognises me as a member.

Is a puzzlement ---
Nov 14th, 2013, 09:17 AM

And me
Nov 14th, 2013, 09:37 AM

>>I apparently am not logged on as a member, so I cannot see if there has been activity on the threads to which I have been contributing. However, I can log on to the Lounge, which indicates the site recognises me as a member.<<

You are likely logged in - open a thread on one of the other forums . . . Your screen name is clickable at the very bottom of the thread where it says 'you are signed in as xyz'.

If you click your screen name at the bottom of the thread all your activity displays.. But that is less convenient. I agree having the screen name at the top of the page would be better.
Nov 14th, 2013, 10:05 AM

Thanks, Janisj. I should have seen that. It does work, but now I first have to open a thread, then click to go to the last comment before I can see my threads, Which is a bit of a PITA. I wish they would tell us when they make changes to the site.
Nov 14th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

What nukesafe just said! I just said the same thing on the other thread on this same issue. We seem to have a duplicate thread going.
Nov 14th, 2013, 11:50 PM

Neo, click on your name, you will see a list of threads. Bookmark. Works for me.
Nov 15th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Original Poster

Dayenu, but you're missing the point. My name is not there to click (as it always was). For my name to even appear, I need to click on the Welcome sign, then click on "view your profile". Or I must scroll to the bottom of whatever thread is currently showing to find my name and then click on it.

This is not impossible to do -- but for the life of me I can't imagine why it was changed from simply having your screenname right at the top of each page to click on to get your list of threads. If it wasn't broke, why did they attempt to fix it?
Nov 15th, 2013, 11:39 AM

Overlaying my name is an ad...
Nov 15th, 2013, 12:36 PM

How about this...I just changed the word "Welcome" to be a link. You only see this word when you are signed in. If you click on "Welcome" you will be brought to your profile page. This is the same page clicking on your name brought you before today.

If you click on the head image under "Welcome" then a box should appear. In this box, you should see "Welcome, Your Name" where your name is a link. Also you will see "view your profile" and a link to log out.
Nov 15th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Yes. thank you. That is fine. I was having a hard time scrolling to the bottom of every thread to get to my name to get my "list". But I can easily live with clicking on WELCOME rather than on NeoPatrick.
Nov 16th, 2013, 11:48 PM

But you don't have to scroll! Just click on "jump to last reply". You really have to waste more time on Fodor's
Nov 17th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Dayenau, by scroll I meant "automatically scroll" by clicking on "jump to last reply, but my point was why have to open a thread, and do that extra click just to get to somewhere to click and open your own list when it was so simple before.

But it's no longer important, since as bryan said above they've now fixed it so we DON'T have to do that!
Nov 17th, 2013, 10:34 AM

Thanks, Bryan.

Search this Thread