Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Support > Forums Help -- CLOSED ARCHIVE
Reload this Page > Nominate Your Favorite Hotel for the Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards
Notices

Nominate Your Favorite Hotel for the Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards

May 7th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Nominate Your Favorite Hotel for the Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards

Hi All!

It's that time of year again - where we start the process of choosing the Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards winners. And we want your input! Do you have a favorite hotel that helped make a lifelong vacation memory? Please nominate it for inclusion in our Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards list.

Nominate here: http://www.fodors.com/hotel-awards/nominations/

Thanks!

Emily
May 7th, 2014, 11:39 AM

Hi Emily, I'd like to nominate NH Paseo del Prado in Madrid, Spain. Unfortunately, my recent stay there was my first so I can't speak to always returning. I hope others nominate NH hotels to validate me.

My single room was attractive and spacious. It had a real walk-in shower with full doors and plenty of counter space.

The staff were without exception polite and inviting. Concierge got me a hard to get ticket to a flamenco performance.

The breakfast buffet was beautifully maintained and included a gluten-free section, various kinds of juices, milks, breads and cereals. And, one could get eggs cooked to order. The only thing I'd change is the €18 price.

The public rooms are nice. In addition to the breakfast room, there is a bar and an excellent restaurant. Its location virtually across from the Prado was my main reason for choosing this hotel.
May 7th, 2014, 12:12 PM

PS-I just realized that hub and I stayed in NH Hotel des Corts in Barcelona some years ago. Nice room, good food, excellent wait staff in their restaurant. It was further from the center than above.

The 2 Mercure hotels we stayed in in Paris and Aix had, hands down the most comfortable mattresses I ever encountered. And the worst scrambled eggs.
May 7th, 2014, 04:39 PM

Your form isn't working.
http://www.hotelvictoria.de/hotel_nu...g/en/home.html
May 8th, 2014, 12:27 AM

It worked for me just now.
May 8th, 2014, 05:34 PM

I messed with it a little and got it to work later.
May 9th, 2014, 04:52 PM

I have a favorite hotel. I've stayed there three times, but unfortunately, not between Jan 2013 and now. No where else in that time period impressed me nearly as much as the Udaivilas.
http://www.oberoihotels.com/oberoi_udaivilas/
I went back to India just because I wanted to stay there again.
May 10th, 2014, 12:09 PM

Our nominee would be the Avenida Palace in Lisbon. But we were there the previous year, not 2013.

It's a gorgeous historic palace, with the most excellent service attitude we've ever encountered. We arrived at 10 a.m. and fully expected to cool our heels waiting for our room till 3. But, no, the front desk said our room was ready and ushered us into it right then. Awesome surprise.

The breakfast buffet is outstanding, in a beautiful dining room.

I wrote a complimentary card to the manager, especially about the wonderfully helpful woman who hosted the breakfast room. That night, we received a Thank You from the hotel, with a bottle of wine and some chocolates. Classy!

Our experience at the Avenida Palace was superb.
May 11th, 2014, 07:41 AM

The beehive in Rome is the best but not upscale enough for Fodors and who wants everyone else to know about a great affordable place in Rome.
May 12th, 2014, 03:29 AM

I prefer the classic - older hotels - as they usually have the most interesting footprint/grounds/location - and Locally here in San Diego - the Hotel Del Coronado.

Internationally - the Kulm Gornergrat at 10,000 feet - highest hotel in Europe - up above Zermatt/incredible view of the Matterhorn - and the Mauna Kea in Hawaii for old world style.

The Barcelo Hotel - in Nicaragua - which was Dictator Somoza's old beach estate - on the Pacific side - is also wonderful.
May 13th, 2014, 12:42 AM

I no longer nominate hotels or reccommend hotels,everytime I find a great one and let the travelling community know about it I find it is more difficult to book when I want it.
Are the nominations purely for those that went on a "Lifelong vacation " or is it open to any scenario?
May 13th, 2014, 11:20 AM

Loved the Abbey Glen Castle Hotel in Clifden, Ireland. Our room was beautiful with great view. Wonderful staff, great food, peat fires burning (it was October) and the hotel has a house party atmosphere. Many famous guests had e stayed including Bill Clinton, Woody Allen, and Mia Farrow. Looking forward to staying there again.
May 16th, 2014, 07:32 AM

Los Poblanos in Albuquerque
May 17th, 2014, 12:33 AM

Hi Emily, I nominated Lato Boutique Hotel in Heraklion, Crete. Stellar service, property, and location, it's fun to be able to tell folks about the great places we visit. Cheers from here in Trier, Germany.
May 17th, 2014, 06:14 AM

For us it is The Cavalieri in Rome. Beautiful hotel, with fantastic views of the city from the club level hospitaliity suite. The service was wonderful and the breakfast buffet was incredible. The hotel is loaded with art and the best hotel restaurant overlooks the Vatican dome. We were well taken care of.
May 19th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the nominations!
Jun 1st, 2014, 01:12 PM

The Mena House in Giza/Cairo, Egypt. Lovely view of the pyramids from our bed!
Jun 1st, 2014, 02:14 PM

Is it too late?

If not, I nominate Londolozi Pioneer Camp, in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve.

http://www.londolozi.com/en/
Jun 10th, 2014, 01:07 PM

One of my favorite hotels is Bastide de Marie in Menerbes in Provence. I can't describe how peaceful and serene it is.
Jun 30th, 2014, 04:21 AM

I have to admit our favorite hotel so far anywhere was the Bangkok Peninsula Hotel, as should be expected

We usually do not stay in this level hotel but often just enjoy a meal or evening drink and music. However, fortunate for us, after the huge Bangkok floods a few years ago, we found an amazing rate for the timeframe we had planned on going to Bangkok. So we were able to enjoy this gem of a place. The room. The breakfast The service. The pool. The cabana. The boats that whisked us across the river to the train. All amazing and I think, unbeatable anywhere.

Search this Thread