Notices

Help with itinerary in Ireland

Feb 19th, 2017, 08:23 PM
Original Poster

Help with itinerary in Ireland

Hello Everyone
My husband and I are flying into Dublin on the 26th of April and spending 2 days in Dublin then hiring a car and driving the southern part of Ireland for the next 4 days 28th Mar - 1st Apr (Dublin - Kilkenny - Waterford - Cork - Killarney - Galway. Is this possible to travel these places in 4 days stopping along the way. Not sure where to stay the nights as yet. Any suggestions on places to stay would be greatly appreciated and whether it is doable or not. Side note staying in Galway for a week visiting our daughter who is living there at the moment so can do day trips from there as well. We are from Australia and not very experienced travelers unfortunately so any help would be wonderful. Thank you.

Shelley
Feb 20th, 2017, 03:46 AM

Welcome to Fodors. This board is for help with the website, you need to re-post on the Europe board.

I will say that you will find driving in Ireland VERY different from driving in Australia, and MUCH slower. You can get estimates of time and distance at viamichelin ot theaaa. Do you have a guidebook yet?
Apr 1st, 2017, 10:28 AM

Agree you should post on Europe forum. However this was our itinerary from a couple of years ago: Dublin 2, Kilkenny 1, Kinsale 2, Killarney 2, Dingle 2, Kinvara 1, Galway 2, Shannon 1 and fly home from there. Similar route to yours,however I don't think 4 days will be nearly enough.
Apr 1st, 2017, 11:07 AM

azzure: The OP took thursdaysd's advice and re-posted on Europe (and got several responses). You might want post to that thread

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...e-634362-2.cfm

Search this Thread