Heathrow Airport to Glasgow

Nov 17th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Heathrow Airport to Glasgow

Hello, i will arrive with my family (including 4 years child) to London on the Dec 24 at 12:45 p.m., then will take the tube from Heathrow to Kings cross to catch a train, any idea if i could catch a train at 2:30 p.m. (direct train to Glasgow Central Station) or is it better to wait till 3 p.m. or 4:00 p.m. and take a train with 1 change (at Edinburgh) to Glasgow Queen Street?
What do u think ?

Thanks,
Nov 17th, 2017, 02:53 PM

This should be posted on the Europe Forum. But until you re-post . . .

>>any idea if i could catch a train at 2:30 p.m.<<

Not a prayer. You might even still be AT Heathrow at 2:30. No matter the mode of transport, count on about an hour from LHR to Kings Cross. But that is only after you clear immigration and collect your luggage. On Christmas Eve with a 12:45PM arrival I would not count on catching a train out of Kings Cross until 4:30 or 5PM.
Nov 17th, 2017, 08:12 PM

The last train to Scotland leaves Kings Cross at 4:00 pm on Christmas Eve.
Nov 17th, 2017, 09:46 PM

Good to know.

Yasmintt: It is very likely you are out of luck. You certainly might make a 4PM train. But with the holiday, crowds at LHR, and such it is also pretty likely you'd get to Kings Cross after 4PM. Then you'd be in London until the 26th. You really should consider flying up to GLA directly from LHR late that afternoon.
Nov 30th, 2017, 11:09 PM

any chance of a flight to Glasgow?, looks like trains may not be an option.Scotrail trains will shut down early on the 24th and there will be none at all on Christmas Day.
Dec 1st, 2017, 12:45 AM

Or take the Caledonian Sleeper from Euston and take it overnight to Glasgow.

After dropping your luggage spend some time in London then take to your bed for the night as you travel North (Jeez that sounds like a commercial)

We took it to Inverness - https://notesfromthebarn.blogspot.co...inverness.html

But it also does Edinburgh - Glasgow - Fort William etc

Book in advance and its cheap when you consider you have also got your first nights accommodation and evening meal and breakfast included.
Dec 1st, 2017, 12:53 AM

Doh needs an edit - just realised there is no service for the 24th. Your best bet would be one of the later services out of Euston or Kings Cross both on Virgin.

I would be tempted to advance book and book seats as those trains will be packed and the Pendolinos have a terrible set up when it comes to luggage. If you look at the carriage maps try to get in a carriage where the luggage rack isnt in the centre of the carriage.
Dec 1st, 2017, 04:07 AM

I already pointed out - on Nov 18 - that the last train left at 4:00. I imagine the OP has already decided what to do.

Search this Thread