Chicago Area Fodorites--GTG?

Jan 29th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

Chicago Area Fodorites--GTG?

I know that our numbers are large and that we have many common topics to share. Anyone willing to start working on a GTG for the spring sometime? I live in Oak Park and would be willing to look into some possibilities at least in my area, as I am not that familiar with places in the "big city." Can we talk about this soon?
Jan 31st, 2008, 08:13 AM

MissJane-pencil me in on this ASAP. I was hoping that we could have done something like this last fall but time gets away. Would you want to get something together for February? Easter is in March so I think that that would be difficult?
Jan 31st, 2008, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Hi duty, I'm very flexible since I'm retired and have no more kids at home. So February would be fine with me. How does Oak Park sound? Do you think Chicagoins would come a little west, or should be have it in the city? I think I may have just appointed myself chairman of the GTG. Please get back to me. I know there are lots of us: chicagolori, JJ5, Martha, who else?

BTW, there was a GTG in the fall; it consisted of me and lincasanova sharing a little breakfast in Oak Park. Boy, was it ever wild!! You missed a raucous good time!!
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

OK, you Chicago people, where are you? Do you want to plan a GTG this spring or not? Are you all so cold and snow-bound that you are not responsing? We are a really big group, I think. Am i right? Can we get it together? Please, let's start planning. We really can do this. And I promise, it will be spring again. Please let's do it!
Feb 10th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Feb 10th, 2008, 08:12 PM

Every other city has a GTG-why not ORD? Come on people,lets get something together so that Fodors will send us free pins,totebags,etc.

Are you reading this Katie?
Feb 10th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Original Poster

Are you reading this chicagolori, JJ5, Martha? Others?
Feb 12th, 2008, 07:20 AM

missjane---did you post this already in the Lounge and the U.S. board? You might get more responses there. Sounds like a great idea!
Feb 12th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

Katy, I originally posted on News and Announcements and then here. Will also post on the U.S. forum. Thanks for watching out for our GTGs.
Feb 12th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

C'mon you guys! Does anyone in the Chicago area want to plan a GTG this spring? Are we all so frozen from the cold and snow that we can't think about it yet? If you are even "remotely" thinking about it, please give us a ringy-dingy. I want to plan and help out in whatever way I can.
Feb 17th, 2008, 04:00 PM

hi missjane! didnīt realize this was "you"!

you call our breakfast WILD?

pleeeeeease! too funny!

i had a great time.. but.. raucous??
wish i could be there.

i donīt see chicago in plans til august. and that is just a maybe.

hope you are bearing the weather quite well.freezing here. but on a different scale.

too bad you didnīt have a gtg when poor philīs had their lobster for $13 ...last week was it? i heard all about it.
Feb 17th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Hi Lin, I told you it was easy to change your screen name. Just ask Katie and she will be very glad to help you. Also, the directions are very clear on the FAQs thread.

Now, c'mon, tell the truth! Don't you remember how wild and crazy our little GTG was? Don't we want the other Fodorites to know what they missed?? OK, I'll play along (wink, wink).

Other Chicago-area people, it's time to start pulling it together. I'll be happy to be in charge; please just send a note if you are interested.

Lin, thanks for the note. I hope all is well with you and yours and that you recovered from that wild toga party that we had in Oak Park when you were here. Take care. jg (Miss Jane)
Feb 17th, 2008, 09:22 PM

Missjane, I hardly ever click on the Fodor's New and Announcements but I did tonight.

Do you realize that your thread regarding a GTG is in the News and Announcement versus in the Forum? I am referring to your 2/12/08 post at 1:28pm, responding to our Editor Katie. I get the impression you think you are in the Lounge when in fact you are in the Fodor's News and Announcement Board which gets very little activity.
Feb 18th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Original Poster

Love, thanks for the notice. I thought I had put the notice in both forums (News and Lounge) after I received Katie's message. I will check again. Maybe that's why I haven't heard from too many Chicago folks. Thanks again.
Feb 18th, 2008, 09:02 AM

keep me posted
Feb 18th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Just a note to let all of you who have responded thus far that I just put out a notice on the Lounge forum, which is probably where I should have placed it in the first place. Perhaps we should all start responding and communitcating on that one, in the Lounge, to keep all info current and in one place.

Thanks for responding. I would really love to meet as many of you as possible.

Search this Thread