Notices

Can you delete old threads in your profile?

Oct 31st, 2011, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Can you delete old threads in your profile?

When I want to refer back to a particular travel thread in my profile, I have to wade through so many that I commented on that were one time things. Is there a way to delete some of the threads in your profile and keep the threads that you may want for future use?
Nov 9th, 2011, 09:28 AM

Hi TPAYT,

Currently, we do not allow users to opt-out of following threads they have commented on. I do think it is an interesting idea. I will explore it with the team to see if we can offer this in the near future.
Nov 9th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Hi Amy,
That would be a great feature. As you know, some of us often comment on relatively trivial matters. The broad scope of the site's subject matter allows us to fill up our profile quite quickly.

In retrospect, these frivolous comments have a short shelf life and it would be nice to eliminate them and save the more important information for future use.
Jan 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM

If it matters, I'd like to vote for the Delete This Thread option........
Jan 13th, 2012, 09:15 AM

Another vote to be able to delete
Jan 13th, 2012, 11:03 AM

TPAYT, I think you're exactly right. Looking at my profile and comments (along with several other posters') I see way too many frivolous comments. Maybe there is another way for me to reserve my profile space!

That might just be my belated New Year's Resolution. After this comment posts, anyway.
Jan 18th, 2012, 07:39 AM

Is profile space limited then?
Sep 14th, 2012, 11:25 AM

The other way to go is to give us the right to "Star" our favorites or put them in a different queue.

Sometimes it is nice to look at people's past postings to find out if they are a new poster or if they always seem to be stirring up trouble, etc.

Search this Thread