Notices

Back to pages not loading

Oct 3rd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

Back to pages not loading

The page loading problems had gotten much better. But yesterday and today, when I click on a thread, all that loads are the top Fodors banner and the other orange items at the top of the page. The thread itself does not load. When I try again later, sometimes it loads, sometimes not.
Oct 3rd, 2013, 04:54 PM

Me too. Intermittent but pretty often. Clicking the v]back arrow and then forward arrow usually 'kick starts' it and gets the thread to load.

Also - which seems a connected problem: This afternoon twice I posted and after clicking submit . . . nothing. The thread just goes white except for the banners and no update.

After about a minute I opened another window and checked -- my post was there. But in the initial window . . . still hadn't updated.
Oct 4th, 2013, 06:33 AM

Thanks for letting me know. I'm looking into it. I'm suspecting an ad is the culprit since it sounds like you both are saying part of the page loads, but not the entire thing.
Oct 4th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Bryan. You are probably right about the ad.
Oct 6th, 2013, 10:33 AM

This morning the site was working great - then precisely at 10:19 (PDT) it went back to not loading or not loading completely.

(I had Fodors open in two different windows) At 10:26 I posted a response and nothing - the submit bar was just running and running so I closed the window where I was posting and got the (Safari) message asking if I really wanted to close because I had entered info that would be lost. Clicked yes and went to the other window . . . and my post was there/updated.
Oct 6th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

It's working fine for me today. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Oct 6th, 2013, 10:42 AM

Seems OK Right Now. Fingers crossed here too.

But for approx 20 minutes it was glitchy again.

Search this Thread