Unable to upload photos

Dec 1st, 2018, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Unable to upload photos

Hi
As of yesterday 1/12/2018 Iíve been unable to upload photos to my ongoing TR in the Asian forum.
I get as far as the orange ďuploadĒ button, then they all disappear. You will see I have been successfully adding photos throughout the report up until now. Nothing has changed at my end.

I have now tried four times to add the next lot of photos without success, and am very frustrated.

Ipad user on IOS 11.4 if that makes any difference.
Solution please.
Dec 1st, 2018, 03:02 PM
Forum Moderator

Is this one?

Dec 1st, 2018, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Yes, that’s one. There were eight I think.
Dec 1st, 2018, 06:49 PM
Forum Moderator

They look to have been uploaded . . see here:

https://www.fodors.com/g/recent/

What exactly happen when you try to post one?
Dec 1st, 2018, 10:52 PM
Original Poster

Okay, thanks. Some of them (not all) are mine. When I hit the upload button usually they’d appear in the posting box, then I would post quick reply. In this case the posting box would disappear and I’d be taken back to page one of the report. Weird, but will try again now.
Dec 1st, 2018, 10:53 PM
Original Poster

Err, how do I get them out of that link into my TR ?
Dec 2nd, 2018, 02:37 AM
Original Poster

So,I’ve tried twice now (figured it out myself) to upload photos from “my album” to a new post in my TR. Again, there is no post and page reverts to the beginning of the thread. Feel like abandoning it.
Dec 2nd, 2018, 08:22 AM
Forum Moderator

Must have something to do with iPads and the forum software . . I had no problem doing it in windows. I'll ask the techs to look at it.
Dec 2nd, 2018, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Yeah, there’s several glitches when using iPads with fodors. Happy to tell you about them/help troubleshoot if you wish.
Dec 2nd, 2018, 11:16 AM
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by sartoric View Post
Yeah, thereís several glitches when using iPads with fodors. Happy to tell you about them/help troubleshoot if you wish.
Please do . .
Dec 2nd, 2018, 11:26 AM

I just did a test from my iPad over on the Testing forum and the photo uploaded fine and is visible (old iPad on OLD operating system)
Dec 2nd, 2018, 07:27 PM
Original Poster

I’m using a new iPad on IOS 11.4 operating system. There are definitely problems. I hope you can fix it from your end.
Dec 2nd, 2018, 07:32 PM
Original Poster

Okay. One thing that drives me nuts is that when I try to edit commentary (before posting) my text disappears and I have to guess what to correct. Close the keypad, have another look, try to edit again, text disappears again, close keypad again....yada yada.
This is why the original post in my trip report has so many extra lines, I simply didn’t have time (at the airport) to remove all the extra lines. If you could fix that I’d be grateful (along with all the other iPad users I expect).
Dec 3rd, 2018, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Be sure you are adding photos the correct way— use the little photo icon and follow the prompts!
Dec 4th, 2018, 02:13 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ibobi View Post

Be sure you are adding photos the correct wayó use the little photo icon and follow the prompts!
Err, what other way could I do it ? Frankly, thatís a little insulting.
Dec 4th, 2018, 10:21 AM
Administrator

There are many ways. This is the correct one.

what happens when you try to upload just one photo?
Dec 9th, 2018, 11:16 PM
Original Poster

I don’t want to upload just one photo...my free time to post on Fodors is limited. I should be able to upload four or five at the same time.
Again today, I’m having issues up loading photos (yes, I’m using the photo icon). They’re in my album, but when I hit upload, the page returns to the beginning of the TR.

I use an iPad, and have no alternative. I see others report having problems using Fodors on iPad, it’s about time you ironed out the glitches. Frustrated here.
Dec 10th, 2018, 06:10 AM

I have uploaded multiple photos to other sites by selecting multiple photos before clicking "upload." Does this work here?
Dec 10th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by sartoric View Post
I donít want to upload just one photo...my free time to post on Fodors is limited. I should be able to upload four or five at the same time.
Again today, Iím having issues up loading photos (yes, Iím using the photo icon). Theyíre in my album, but when I hit upload, the page returns to the beginning of the TR.

I use an iPad, and have no alternative. I see others report having problems using Fodors on iPad, itís about time you ironed out the glitches. Frustrated here.
I'm not asking you to change to one at a time, I'm asking you to help me find out what is wrong by trying to upload just one and telling me what happens.
Dec 10th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ibobi View Post
I'm not asking you to change to one at a time, I'm asking you to help me find out what is wrong by trying to upload just one and telling me what happens.
The same thing happens trying to upload one photo, reverts to the first page of the report, no photo present.

« Previous Thread | - »
Search this Thread