Recent technical issues

Feb 6th, 2018, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Recent technical issues

Is anybody else having recent (i.e. past few days) technical issues on the forums? I am finding the speed and typing lag so slow that I have had to cut and paste text from notepad rather than edit in the editor itself. And the site is also starting to crash tabs and the entire browser (Firefox Quantum 58.0.1) making it doubly nerve racking to try to enter text directly on to the forum note pad-frustrating to lose text in progress!
Feb 6th, 2018, 08:11 AM

I'm not on firefox so maybe not relevant. But I haven't had any of those problems except one period of maybe 30 mins last night when there was a typing lag on my iPad. I figured that might have been due to my wifi connection (I was in an NBA arena). In general (at least for me) the site has been faster and more stable than in the 'old days'
Feb 6th, 2018, 09:03 AM

I've had the same problems except on Chrome (laptop - windows 7)
Feb 6th, 2018, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jpie View Post
Is anybody else having recent (i.e. past few days) technical issues on the forums? I am finding the speed and typing lag so slow that I have had to cut and paste text from notepad rather than edit in the editor itself. And the site is also starting to crash tabs and the entire browser (Firefox Quantum 58.0.1) making it doubly nerve racking to try to enter text directly on to the forum note pad-frustrating to lose text in progress!
It sounds like your browser cache is full. Follow the steps to clear your browser cache, and maybe dump your fodors cookies too.

If you still have issues after this, let me know.
Feb 7th, 2018, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Hi ibobi-yes I tried that. It is okay for a bit but if I do too much activity/posting it seems to bog down. I will try it some more today and let you know. I am also suspicious since I have a relatively new Surface laptop, although I seem to have more trouble with the forums here than other sites....

Search this Thread