Profile Picture Size

Dec 22nd, 2018, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Profile Picture Size

I seem to be having an issue with changing my profile picture. I only have had this issue recently as I change my picture after every trip I take so in September, it wasnt a problem. I get an error saying my pictures are bigger than 2.00 MB. No matter how small I shrink them my pictures are bigger than this. I use my samsung android phone. Could this be the problem? When I post pictures on threads, I do have to shrink them some but not that much for them to post. Am I doing something wrong?
Dec 22nd, 2018, 05:19 PM
Forum Moderator

What app are you using to resize them?
Dec 22nd, 2018, 05:56 PM
Original Poster

I use my Samsung gallery that allows me to crop and edit pictures. Before I never had to modify my pictures and they would update in my profile. Now I just keep getting the photos are bigger than 2.00 MB. Did you change the size allowed?
Dec 27th, 2018, 12:28 PM
Administrator

See if you can put them into a simple photo editing program. The pic can be physically smaller and still over 2MB file size.
Dec 27th, 2018, 09:50 PM
Original Poster

I had to download a photo resizing app. That allowed me to shrink it as I had to put it to 25% in order to upload.

What I still don't understand is that I never had to do that before and just changed my picture in Sep 2018. Something had to change and it wasn't my phone. I don't blame people for not posting photos. Why download an app just to post a profile picture here. To me that isn't worth it to post maybe 1-4 pictures a year in their profile. I don't have to do that when posting pictures on threads. It just doesn't make sense to me is all.
Dec 28th, 2018, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by sassy27 View Post
I had to download a photo resizing app. That allowed me to shrink it as I had to put it to 25% in order to upload.

What I still don't understand is that I never had to do that before and just changed my picture in Sep 2018. Something had to change and it wasn't my phone. I don't blame people for not posting photos. Why download an app just to post a profile picture here. To me that isn't worth it to post maybe 1-4 pictures a year in their profile. I don't have to do that when posting pictures on threads. It just doesn't make sense to me is all.
Well... we haven't been fielding any issues about this lately either, and that usually points to it being a user issue not a site issue. I'll keep my eyes peeled for more reports.
Dec 28th, 2018, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Most people don't post pictures in their profiles. It's been brought up in the lounge before on why people don't. I only do mine after I travel as I like to put a picture from my trip which is 3-4 times a year and noticed it this time. I will have to check the other pictures I've used.

Search this Thread