Now the Next Problem....

Feb 4th, 2018, 03:09 PM
Original Poster

Now the Next Problem....

i cannot navigate using the tab categories at the top of the home page: destinations, Forums, etc. they are non responsive. I am logged in, as my name shows and I can see the Lounge. I can only navigate by scrolling all the way down to the bottom of the page to the Site Map and getting the option that way. Extremely inconvenient.

Last edited by Dayle; Feb 4th, 2018 at 03:12 PM.
Feb 4th, 2018, 06:58 PM
Forum Moderator

Is this on the iPad?
Feb 5th, 2018, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Ipad and android cell both
Feb 5th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Is this the page you're talking about?

If not, paste a screen shot here so I can have some idea what is happening. Also, let us know what browser you're using, and if you are using the mobile skin or the full desktop site on your mobile device.

Feb 6th, 2018, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

After another poster suggested scrolling all the way to the bottom of the cell phone page in order to find the option to view the Mobile Version, I tried that and did not see that option anywhere. Suddenly yesterday the view on my Android completely changed. The font is HUGE. I think I am now seeing the mobile version but I didnt change anything to make that happen.

the non responsive tabs I am referring to are on the Fodors home page. They are to the right of the "Fodors" in orange. They are in grey and the choices are " Destinations Hotels Forums" etc. The only one that works is Hotels. Therefore the only way I can get to the Forums is to go thru the Site Map. This problem is on the ipad.

Last edited by Dayle; Feb 6th, 2018 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Typos
Feb 8th, 2018, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
After another poster suggested scrolling all the way to the bottom of the cell phone page in order to find the option to view the Mobile Version, I tried that and did not see that option anywhere. Suddenly yesterday the view on my Android completely changed. The font is HUGE. I think I am now seeing the mobile version but I didnt change anything to make that happen.

the non responsive tabs I am referring to are on the Fodors home page. They are to the right of the "Fodors" in orange. They are in grey and the choices are " Destinations Hotels Forums" etc. The only one that works is Hotels. Therefore the only way I can get to the Forums is to go thru the Site Map. This problem is on the ipad.
This is what I am finding: you go to the forum home page on a mobile device (iphone or ipad), and choose to view the full desktop site, not the mobile site; when you click Destinations or Cruises, you have to click them twice in order to open the menu for that selection. They do work, but for some reason you have to click twice. This may be a bug. But the other selection there -- hotels, cruises, and More+ -- all work as expected.

Is this what you're finding? I will report the double-click issue to tech and see what they say, but this seems like a very small issue. If it is significant to you, please let me know why.

As to the HUGE font, yes that is what the mobile site looks like. It is designed that way so you can see it and click things on your phone. You can choose the mobile skin or the full desktop version of the site. This is as designed, no issue there.

I'll talk to a tech about your report that you are viewing the full fodors.com home page on ipad and the FORUMS link doesn't work.

Last edited by ibobi; Feb 8th, 2018 at 09:46 AM.
Feb 8th, 2018, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

The tabs on the home page do not work with a double click or any number of clicks.

How exactly do I choose the full page or mobile page view. Exactly where is this option?
Feb 8th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Also, I would like to point out that it is unnecessary to quote my entire post back to me. I do remember what I posted.

Search this Thread