navigation trouble

Feb 14th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

navigation trouble

Windows 10 & Firefox , both up to date

Trouble is finding the end of a thread. I scroll down to the reply box and see a post that I know is not the last one. Then I scroll up and down again and then more posts load. I have to do this a couple of times and then am not sure that I am at the end. The Last >> button does not help.

In the old format, I used to do Edit- Find on the browser and enter mrw to find my posts and replies that addressed me. That doesn;t work anymore.

Right now, the tesxt that I type is not appearing. I am typing ahead of what I see. ((hence the typos). I think it might have somethng to do with the Auto-Saved thingy that appears in the lower right every few seconds.

The paragraph formatting got whacked in my most recent post to thies thread: https://www.fodors.com/community/fod...-seen-1648465/

scrolling is slow today
Feb 14th, 2018, 10:30 AM
Administrator

You could try turning off Infinite Scroll (the thing that causes all replies in a thread to load on one continuous long page) and see if that helps. But really, it seems like you may have a slow connection or a browser issue.
  1. Try clearing your browser cache
  2. to turn off infinite scroll:
    • Go to My Settings
    • Edit Options
    • Click the button next to DISABLE INFINITE SCROLL
    • Scroll to the bottom and SAVE CHANGES
You will need to paginate when dealing with long threads, but it will solve the issue of needing to scroll up and down to load everything.

As to the issue with typing faster than the letters appear, I have not seen that. If it continues, please let me know.
Feb 14th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

ok, i will try that. as far as being slow today it's not you its me, or my isp or the internet.
Feb 15th, 2018, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

I cleared the cache. Got the Firefox add-on to kill infinite scroll. I believe it is enabled because the Disable button is active in Add-On Manager. I have Automatic Updates: On. Restarted firefox and the behavior is the same.

On the "Duty to say goodbye" thread, I <ctrl><PgDn> then scroll up to the post above the reply text box, scroll down and see more posts, scroll up/down and more posts load.

Same thing with Automatic Updates: Default
Feb 15th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by mrwunrfl View Post
I cleared the cache. Got the Firefox add-on to kill infinite scroll. I believe it is enabled because the Disable button is active in Add-On Manager. I have Automatic Updates: On. Restarted firefox and the behavior is the same.

On the "Duty to say goodbye" thread, I <ctrl><PgDn> then scroll up to the post above the reply text box, scroll down and see more posts, scroll up/down and more posts load.

Same thing with Automatic Updates: Default
I understand that you are trying to use your browser to kill infinite scroll -- but did you try what I suggested above? Those steps are here on Fodors, not your browser.
Feb 15th, 2018, 09:43 PM
Original Poster

oh, ok, that fixed it. I also bumped up the number of threads per page to 40, would have chosen more if it had been available. it will get used to pages, I guess.

Search this Thread