Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Zurich Morning Departure - Hotel (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/zurich-morning-departure-hotel-202381/)

BillJ Apr 19th, 2002 04:15 PM

Zurich Morning Departure - Hotel

Will arrive in Zurich driving from Montreux on a Saturday, for 10 AM Sunday airport departure back to USA. Originally thought about staying downtown at Kindli, highly recommended here and other places. But how about getting to the airport the next morning on time without stressing out? Any one with any ideas? As always, Thanks.

karen Apr 19th, 2002 04:26 PM

The Hilton Hotel is your best bet.

Patrick Apr 19th, 2002 04:26 PM

Well, since I'm one of the people who highly recommends the Kindli, I guess I owe you a comment. Frankly, I think there is no stress. The Kindli will have a taxi for you at the hotel at whatever time you say for the very short ride to the station -- no worries about getting stuck in traffic. The train will run like clockwork and deposit you right in the airport terminal in a matter of minutes. So all you have to do is check the time you must be at the airport, work backwards and you will have no problem. Other than staying at the hotel right in the terminal (what a bore that would be for your last night in Europe), I can't think of a less stressful route from a hotel to an airport. Sure beats worrying about the traffic in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, or nearly anywhere else to catch an early morning plane when you can't count on traffic --now those early morning departures are stressful!

jw Apr 20th, 2002 04:50 AM

Hi. We stayed at the Zum Goldenen Kopf in Bulach, and there were several early morning buses to the airport. It took about 20 minutes, and they were very relaxing ones. We were dropped right at the terminal door. The hotel is in a historic building and has been renovated recently. You might want to give their site a look at zum-goldenen-kopf.ch. Bulach is a lovely quiet town. J.

richard j vicek Apr 20th, 2002 05:32 AM

Good morning, Bill Have used the<BR>HOTEL KINDLI, whichis just off the<BR>Rennweg about half way down the Bahnhofstrasse from the main depot.<BR>Have used Zurich for the last night<BR>before returning home and found the<BR>location of the hotel to be excellant,<BR>plenty of ristorantes, shops and a very<BR>good little hotel which is a three star<BR>with 21 rooms and is located above<BR>a ristorante with private access.<BR>Ordering a taxi for the morning and <BR>a short 030 min, less drive to Kloten..<BR>No stress except if you are carrying<BR>too much luggage, but the trolleys at<BR>Kloten are free.. If you want a couple<BR>of other ristorante suggestions drop me<BR>a e mail and will reply.<BR>Richard of LaGrange Park,IL...<BR>

mmh Apr 20th, 2002 01:02 PM

We stayed at the Kindli last winter.We loved the location, the hotel and the restaurant; however, we had our own car and finding it was very difficult. Getting to the airport was not a problem.

maria Apr 22nd, 2002 09:25 AM

How about the Hotel Allegra? Just 5 minutes fromt the airport and they have a shuttle to take you for your early am flights.

wes fowler Apr 22nd, 2002 09:58 AM

Bill,<BR>Take a look at www.loewen-dielsdorf.ch/englindex.htm<BR><BR>This inn, dating from the 1400s, is located about 20 minutes from the Zurich airport by auto. It has a fine restaurant and is an ideal spot for a final night's stay in Europe.

safedrop Aug 24th, 2004 11:02 AM

But really, is there any reason to worry about ANY downtown hotel, for a 10AM airport departure?

malibu Aug 27th, 2004 01:31 PM

Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich is right across from the train station.. and the trains run like clockwork back and forth to the airport..
also a great hotel!