Zurich Hotel Montana, near Train Station

Feb 23rd, 2006, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Zurich Hotel Montana, near Train Station

Anyone know this hotel or the neighborhood? What might I expect when I stay there in 3 weeks? The neighborhood sounds a little dicey on Tripadvisor. Any recommendations for the immediate area (or Zurich in general?)

Will definitely do Sprungli, the Buhrle Gallery, Hittel (sp?) veg. restaurant, the niederdoff for antiquing, and the old town. And, of course, I'll stroll the Banhoffstrasse. Thanks!
Feb 23rd, 2006, 10:06 AM

IMO that guy whose wife felt "uncomdortable" because she walked near a "sex shop" which happened to be located near the hotel probably says a lot more about her than about the hotel.

There are sex shops all over the place in Europe and this same "issue" arose about the rather upscale LeMeridien hotel in Munich which is also near the RR station being in the vicinity of a sex shop.

It's not the most expensive hotel in the city but given your most recent posts I have no idea that you can easily handle this situation with aplomb and ease.
Feb 23rd, 2006, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Yes, Intrepid, I thought the same thing about that particular post. And a little grit never bothered me. Not crazy about the "creepy" outside, but I won't be camping in front of my hotel, will I?
Feb 23rd, 2006, 11:45 AM

Sorry, but I didn't find the area scary. Walked alone there. Lots of people around, trolley don't remember #4 or 11 or 14. The train station close. It's one of the Best Western hotels, you can check their worldwide website.

Now the best advice I can give: enjoy Swiss ice-cream
Feb 23rd, 2006, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Faina. That's reassuring! "Scary" is so subjective, but I'm sure I'll be fine.

I'm not supposed to have dairy products, but I have a feeling I'll cheat a lot on this trip. Thanks for the advice on the ice cream.

Search this Thread