My brother has moved base to Zurich and has been living there for a few months now. We thought we could use this opportunity to visit him and see a bit of the region. This will be our second trip to the country in 5 years having visited Jungfrau, Interlaken, Lucerne, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, etc on the earlier trip.
This will probably be the first week of May. We fly in from India and will probably have about 10 nights.
DW and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary so we have a side trip to Paris for 5 nights.
We're contemplating staying put in Zurich and doing day trips (max overnight stays) upto a 2-3 hour radius (Vaduz, St Gall, Richenau, Basel, Freiburg, Black Forest, etc) or renting a car and exploring the west / south of Switzerland (Neuchatel, Zermatt, some french border towns). I can't decide either way.
We are active 40 year olds but will have 2 of our girls aged 5 & 8. DD2 was 9 months during our last visit to the country and we still hiked up Jungfrau so mobility will not be a problem.
Any suggestions from you Fodorites?? Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Apartment
- 2 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 Visit to France
- 5 two days in Nice
- 6 Milan airport--which one
- 7 New fast track
- 8 First time in Spain
- 9 Packing Champagne
- 10 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 11 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 12 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 13 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 14 Once upon a time in Italy
- 15 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 16 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 17 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 18 1st time to Europe
- 19 london or amsterdam
- 20 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
- 21 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 22 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 23 14 days in Portugal with teens and Grandma
- 24 1 month destination for young family
- 25 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.