Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Zermatt-Looking for small hotel with great view.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 03:12 AM
Diane Moll

We will be in Zermatt late May and are looking for a small three/four star hotel, very Swiss with great view. Any ideas?

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 03:49 AM
Marla

Try the Hotel Julen. We stayed there last May. Beautiful with a great location. Our room had balcony with a view of the Matterhorn. One tip I picked up from this forum, get up early (6 am) on a cloudless day for the best view of the Matterhorn. The sunrise hits the top of the peak first and works it's way down. We stood out on the balcony in our bathrobes admiring the view. (And also entertaining several Asian tourists making their was to the train!) Email me if you have questions.

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 06:59 AM
Eileen Pacetti

We just returned from CH in April. In Zermatt we stayed at the Alpenblick which is a delightful family run hotel just outside the main part of town, toward the Matterhorn and near the gondola to the Klein Matterhorn. I believe it is three-star, and the food, service and atmosphere is outstanding. We had a balcony with a wonderful view of the Matterhorn. While you are there, don't miss the trip up to Klein Matterhorn!

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 07:01 AM
richard j vicek

Good morning, Diane <BR> <BR> HOTEL JULEN <BR> <BR>Richard of La Grange Park, IL. <BR>www.swisshotels.ch <BR>www.zermatt.ch/

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 10:09 AM
Jerald

We were there last July, 1 degree C. but very beautiful. The famous glacier express starts there. No cars. We stayed @ the Alpen resort. It is a Bestweatern & you can get info off their webb site. 4star I believe & very nice.

Old May 7th, 2000, 12:40 PM
Dave

Diane.. Check out The Monte Rosa. This is a wonderful hotel with some great views of the Matterhorn. Also, you must have an Irish Coffee in Siv's Bar on the ground floor of the Monte Rosa. Siv is a bartender that has been making great drinks and entertaining everyone from Royalty to famous actors for almost 30 years! -Dave- <BR>www.crazyabouttravel.com

Old May 8th, 2000, 04:54 PM
Julie

I second the Monte Rosa. It's intimate, has a view of the Matterhorn, a wonderful restaurant, etc. It's lovely.