We will be in Zell Am See in May 2012 for four days and will be relying on public transport. Have read about the following attractions :
1.cable car to the top of the Schmittenhoehe,
2.bus to Kaprun and cable car to the Kitzsteinhorn glacier,
3.a bus tour on the Grossglockner.
4. Krimml waterfalls
5. Werfen Ice Caves (must do)
6. Visit to Salzburg (must do)
Please advise out of Schmittenhoehe and Kitzsteinhorn glacier which is a must do (weather permitting) and which we can skip. Can any of this cable car excursions be combined with Krimml waterfalls or any other attraction?
Have ready a lot about Grossglockner bus tour but not sure if it operates in May.
Any details on the above attractions and which can be done in half days, please advise.
In case I have missed out on any attraction (which is a must do) please advise. Are there any boat rides etc. possible on the Zell lake?
Which are the local supermarkets in Zell Am See? Any recommendations of local eateries serving hearty Austrian fare are welcome. We are not into la-di-dah stuff so no frills and fancies expected in any place.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 2 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 First time in Spain
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Paris Apartment
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 two days in Nice
- 9 Milan airport--which one
- 10 New fast track
- 11 Packing Champagne
- 12 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 13 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 14 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 15 Once upon a time in Italy
- 16 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 17 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 18 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 19 1st time to Europe
- 20 london or amsterdam
- 21 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
- 22 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 23 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 24 14 days in Portugal with teens and Grandma
- 25 1 month destination for young family